Are you looking for a Job at Rovco in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
This is an outstanding opportunity for a survey party chief to join a venture capital backed, fast-paced, globally expanding company working primarily in the renewable sector. We have ambitious goals to make geophysical and subsea survey more autonomous, using ASVs, AUVs and autonomous ROVs to bring greater efficiencies to our clients.
You will have experience as a Senior Surveyor or Party Chief and be passionate about delivering high quality survey data.
As the party chief you are Rovco’s senior onboard survey representative and will lead and have overall responsibility for the mobilisation, data acquisition, offshore data processing and demobilisation of the vessel and survey suite. You are an integral part of the survey department and project teams and will contribute subject matter expertise by providing advanced survey knowledge with an emphasis on delivery excellence. In this role you will ensure project deliverables of survey data are in line with client survey requirements by reviewing the project procedures, and method statements, and working closely with the wider project operations team. You will also work closely with the onshore survey reports coordinator, geophysicist and data processing teams.
Communication and understanding client requirements are a key aspect of this role supporting the project with internal and external stakeholders.
You may also be asked to provide technical input to tenders.
Rovco are looking for surveyors with a background in hydrographic site surveying and/or offshore ROV construction survey.
This role might be for you if:
· Are already an experienced senior surveyor/party chief
· Are an experienced marine survey professional looking to move into a more senior role
· Have an interest in developing new and innovative ideas to challenge existing methodologies
· You are looking for a new and exciting challenge where you can make your mark and shape your career in a growing company.
· Lead the offshore survey team
· Act as survey party chief onboard our vessels
· Provide technical excellence for everything survey onboard the vessel
· Provide guidance on best industry practice
· Preparation, installation and calibration of survey equipment during mobilisations and demobilisations
· Ensure acquisition logs are maintained and reporting templates and other appropriate documentation are utilised
· Ensure quality control and assurance is performed on all survey data acquired
· Be the main survey contact for the client onboard
· Assist projects to be completed in a safe and efficient manner
· Assist with line planning and other project preparations
· Work closely with the project surveyor on project deliverables
· Assist Survey Manager in maintaining UpToDate departmental documentation
· Prepare mobilisation reports, field memos and field reports as required
· Lead by example with respect to HSE
· Taking part in risk assessments and hazard identifications
· Hold toolbox talks when appropriate
· Ensure data acquired is backed up and returned to the office
Essential Experience & Qualifications
· A solid understanding of survey principles and marine survey techniques
· Experience of Hydrographic/Geophysical survey mobilisation and data acquisition
· Experience of ROV survey mobilisation, data acquisition and inspection
· Technical understanding and knowledge of survey equipment and software used
· Knowledge of survey data processing
· Experienced in USBL calibrations
· Advanced experience in MBES, INS, USBL, GNSS equipment
· Understanding of UXO target ID, Inspection, pipeline, cable DOB and site surveys
· Practiced in writing detailed reports for survey activities
· Interest in innovative and disruptive survey technology
· Excellent written and spoken English skills
· Problem solving and decision-making skills
· B.Sc./HND in Surveying or equivalent
· 5+ years relevant experience as a senior surveyor
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
· 2+ years relevant experience as a Party Chief
· Operational experience of SSS, Magnetometer, SBP equipment
· GIS experience
· Survey data processing experience
· A fast-growing company that can accelerate your career
· Competitive salary that tracks market rates
· Generous pension
· Flexible working policy and remote working options · 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and up to 45 days off if hours are compressed.
· Personal private medical insurance that can be extended to your family
· Additional training and personal development
· A people focused, inclusive culture
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org