Website Roku Inc.
This listing is about Roku Inc in New York, NY
About the job
What’s the next big streaming channel? Help us find it.
Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About The Role
Roku’s Content Distribution team sources, negotiates, and closes distribution agreements with the world’s largest streaming video providers (e.g., Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, Apple TV+) and major TV networks (e.g. Fox, NBC, CBS) for carriage on the Roku platform. The Senior Manager will play a key role in negotiating complex distribution agreements with these partners as they transition their businesses from traditional TV to the future of streaming. The ideal candidate will have exceptional negotiation skills and must be comfortable working in a high deal-volume, fast-paced environment with evolving priorities. In addition, the candidate needs to exhibit strong quantitative / financial analysis skills and needs to be a strong communicator capable of interacting with senior-level executives both internally and externally.
Finally, you will be a key player in driving Roku’s overall Content business by generating subscription, advertising, and audience development revenues via Roku’s distribution agreements.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Negotiate distribution, advertising inventory, and premium subscriptions / channels agreement agreements with direct-to-consumer streaming services
- Participate in all aspects of new business development (deal sourcing, financial analysis and forecasting, term sheet drafting, long-form drafting, contract negotiation, closing, on-going relationship management, etc.)
- Work with Roku’s legal team to manage installed base of contracts and negotiate renewals
- Manage and evaluate potential channel partners through content analysis, market demand/appeal, competitive positioning and financial modeling
- Continuously analyze current channel applications and competitor lineups to prioritize channel onboarding
- Prepare strategy documents, quarterly company updates, and board presentations about content deals and the overall media landscape
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (e.g. marketing, finance, ad sales) to support and manage relationships with existing partners.
We’re excited if you have
- 5+ years’ experience in content acquisition for a major MVPD or content distributor/media company with a track record of personally closing high-value deals with major media companies or content distributors
- Strong working familiarity with the advertising ecosystem, ad inventory pricing, ad economics and business models (direct, programmatic, audience-based selling)
- Experience working directly with legal teams in reviewing and drafting distribution agreements
- Demonstrated passion and understanding of media landscape and solid understanding of streaming media technologies
- Experience working with media sales teams
- Proven problem solver
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and strategic thinking
- Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent project and time management skills
- BA/BS required. MBA and/or JD preferred
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Company: Roku Inc.
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A