Website Roku Inc.
This listing is about Roku Inc in San Jose, CA
About the job
Get your hands on the interface that millions of people use every single day
Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About The Role
As a Sr. Mobile SW Engineer, Android at ROKU, you will be part of a mobile team that is passionate about creating delightful user experiences for millions of users. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of skilled engineers and will have a chance to make your mark by designing and implementing new features and improving existing features. ROKU’s mobile application continues to grow in users and engagement. You must enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels, from networking up to user interfaces and anything in between. We are looking for Android Engineers who are excited about working with one of the most popular media apps in the Apple app store.
You are motivated from within, finding and taking on a feature or project simply because that problem needs to be solved and shipped. But that individual must work together with different engineering teams, UI design, product teams, and business leadership to make things happen, which means that engineers succeed here because they can maintain that independent spirit and motivation within a deeply collaborative environment. We are the pragmatic dreamers inventing and re-inventing the world of streaming media.
With so many people using our products globally, we’ve become well-known for products that “just work” right out of the box and integrate almost by magic. That doesn’t happen by accident, which is why we are committed to making sure our products aren’t just intuitive, they’re obvious. We are looking for a Sr. Mobile SW Engineer, Android experienced in building apps at scale to support that commitment. The mobile team is responsible for the architecture and implementation of services that support Roku’s mobile applications.
You will be joining a talented, high-performance team with a history of delivery. We are looking for someone who can help us keep up this pace and continue delivering high-quality app as we grow.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Improve existing products based on customer requirements.
- Modularize the existing application, to create easy to understand units that can be built, tested, and distributed in isolation.
- Manage state across entire application and model side effects.
- Modularize each feature of the existing application, to create easy to understand units that can be built, tested, and distributed in isolation.
- Write high-quality code with comprehensive tests for each feature.
- Discuss application architecture, data flow and perform code reviews with peers.
- Investigate, diagnose, and fix bugs.
- Develop new features, perform A/B test experiments, device configuration, safely release to production, monitor analytics gathered from the applications.
We’re excited if you have
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of building native Android mobile applications using Java and/or Kotlin, with a track record of shipping high-quality app(s) to Google PlayStore.
- Bachelors or Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Deeper understanding of the common problems encountered when building large complex applications.
Nice to have
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- You actively use Roku products.
- Experience building web applications
- An understanding of media/video concepts like codecs, streaming, etc.
- Consumer electronics experience
- Working on media applications that fuse imaging, consumer electronics, and mobile technologies.
Our unique culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Company: Roku Inc.
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org