Website Roku Inc.
This listing is about Roku Inc in San Jose, CA
About the job
Position Title: QA Engineer – Test and Automation
It isn’t easy spotting bugs before the customer does, but that’s exactly why you do it
Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About The Role
Roku is seeking a versatile Quality Assurance Engineer to test software and hardware for major product releases. Verify certification requirements from Roku’s main content partners on legacy and new Roku products. Execute manual and automated tests utilizing tools provided by partners such as Netflix Test Studio, YouTube’s test automation suite, and Apple AirPlay compatibility. Identify issues, work with engineering to troubleshoot issues and represent QA concerns in meetings with cross-functional project team members. Use written and organizational skills to perform an effective and organized test process to report certification readiness.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Run pre-certification tests for Netflix, BBC and other streaming partners on Roku platforms
- Operate manual and automated testing on multiple products
- Test compatibility with mobile devices for mirroring (AirPlay) and DIAL
- Setup different configurations including HDMI / HDCP, Wi-Fi networks / routers, audio / video streaming file types
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
- Record all test results for each test suite and provide a high-level summary for areas tested
- Continually seek new ways to challenge software under test.
We’re excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in QA testing and automation
- Hands on experience and proficiency in Linux/Unix systems
- Automation testing experience: Unit, Functional testing framework setup
- Knowledge of test management tools such as Jira, Confluence and TestRail
- Hands-on experience with test driven development and experience in developing test plans and test cases
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Maven, Gradle)
- Sound understanding of development processes and working in an Agile environment
- Must have experience with home networking functionality, Wi-Fi and audio / video streaming
- Willingness to execute test procedures to verify functionality against product requirements
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Company: Roku Inc.
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com