This Job listing is about University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Raleigh, Carolina del Norte, Estados Unidos 2022 exclusively on us.q4jobs.com
Department TraCS Institute – 429801
Career Area Research Professionals
Posting Open Date 03/15/2022
Application Deadline 11/21/2022
Position Type Temporary Staff (SHRA)
Position Title Research Study Coordinator
Position Number 20007473
Vacancy ID S019189
Full-time/Part-time Full-Time Temporary
Hours per week 40
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, Evening work occasionally
Position Location North Carolina, US
Hiring Range $25.00 – $27.00 per hour
Proposed Start Date 04/01/2022
Estimated Duration of Appointment 6 months not to exceed 11 months
Primary Purpose Of Organizational Unit
The UNC School of Medicine has a rich tradition of excellence and care. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of North Carolinians, and others whom we serve. We accomplish this by providing leadership and excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research. We strive to promote faculty, staff, and learner development in a diverse, respectful environment where our colleagues demonstrate professionalism, enhance learning, and create personal and professional sustainability. We optimize our partnership with the UNC Health System through close collaboration and commitment to service.
Our vision is to be the nation’s leading public school of medicine. We are ranked 2nd in primary care education among all US schools of medicine and 5th among public peers in NIH research funding. Our Allied Health Department is home to five top-ranked divisions, and we are home to 18 top-ranked clinical and basic science departments in NIH research funding.
Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of North Carolinians and others whom we serve. We accomplish this by providing leadership and excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research.
Patient Care: We will promote health and provide superb clinical care while maintaining our strong tradition of reaching underserved populations and reducing health disparities across North Carolina and beyond.
Education: We will prepare tomorrow’s health care professionals and biomedical researchers by facilitating learning within innovative curricula and team-oriented interprofessional education. We will cultivate outstanding teaching and research faculty, and we will recruit outstanding students and trainees from highly diverse backgrounds to create a socially responsible, highly skilled workforce.
Research: We will develop and support a rich array of outstanding health sciences research programs, centers, and resources. We will provide infrastructure and opportunities for collaboration among disciplines throughout and beyond our University to support outstanding research. We will foster programs in the areas of basic, translational, mechanistic, and population research.
This position will serve as a Study Coordinator within the Research Coordination and Management Unit ( RCMU ). Working with the RCMU is a unique opportunity to contribute to projects in various specialties and gain significant experience in all aspects of human subjects research. We are seeking a coordinator with a comprehensive scope of applied research knowledge who has a desire to grow and expand their expertise, abilities, and impact on UNC research. The ideal candidate will work well both independently and as part of a team, possessing both problem-solving initiative and willingness to learn from and collaborate with colleagues.
The Study Coordinator will execute study protocols, including recruitment/enrollment, conducting study procedures, collecting, and maintaining data, tracking and reporting, and ensuring quality and accuracy across a variety of therapeutic areas and protocols of varied complexity. Additionally, the Study Coordinator will provide expertise to PIs in areas such as start-up activities, study processes implementation and improvement, and practical application of regulations and GCP , among other needs.
Primary Duties Will Include
- Day-to-day operations and coordination for research studies across various therapeutic areas: recruit, consent and enroll participants to research studies, conduct study visits and collect data per study protocol, perform study procedures, complete case report forms and data entry, track study progress, maintain appropriate logs and records, respond to data queries, and facilitate monitoring/auditing visits.
- Engaging independently and professionally with study personnel, investigators, sponsors, and service providers to ensure smooth and efficient study progress.
- Maintaining good clinical practice and compliance with all regulatory bodies and study protocols.
- Working closely with study teams, Principal Investigators, and senior staff to ensure efficient and successful execution of research protocols. Completing regulatory submissions for initial approval and required updates. Tracking study progress, meeting deadlines, identifying areas for quality improvements, recommending, and implementing improvements.
Minimum Education And Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of related training or experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, And Experience
- Knowledge of research best practices and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement study protocols, recruit and enroll study participants, and collect and maintain data.
- Significant attention to detail and the ability to successfully balance multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, effective, diplomatic manner, with excellent communication skills and a focus on customer service.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, And Experience
- Experience with UNC research systems/organizations including IRB , CRMS , and/or Epic@UNC.
- Experience in varied clinical areas and ability to identify and solve problems.
Special Physical/Mental Requirements
Campus Security Authority Responsibilities
Quick Link https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/224859
Temporary Employment Policies
Temporary Employment Policies
Posting Contact Information
Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
|Raleigh, Carolina del Norte, Estados Unidos