This listing is about RadNet in Victorville, CA
About the job
Come join our Information Technology Department as a full-time IT Field Support Specialist. This IT professional will be responsible for the overall IT success of our outpatient radiology imaging centers, call centers, and administrative offices in the Victorville, Apple Valley, Barstow, Lancaster, and surrounding area. The person in this position will provide support to users that utilize several systems (RIS, PACS, Dictation, Microsoft Office, etc.) and a variety of equipment (desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, phones, network gear, etc.). Issues are reported in various ways (ticketing system, email, phone, text, etc.) and support (troubleshooting, implementing, replacing, etc.) is provided on site, remotely, over the phone and via email. The person in this role will report to the IT Operations Manager and he/she can rely on their manager and/or other specialized teams not only for escalated level two support, but also to further enhance his or her understanding of each system. Analyzing existing workflows or systems and making proactive recommendations to improve them is not only welcomed, but also encouraged in this role.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with operational leadership and other partners to assess and deliver on functional needs of the business in relation to hardware and software standards.
- Monitor, provide assistance with and achieve resolution to all issues, service tickets and projects in given area. Enter, monitor and complete all entries in the Support Desk tracking system, which includes stating the issue(s), listing all troubleshooting steps, providing a resolution and marking the records as complete.
- Communicate frequently with business leadership to have understanding of ongoing and future projects to ensure that the IT team is prepared to assist when needed.
- Visit sites and offices to check in with the managers and all other users to find new and resolve active issues.
- Assist with installation, relocation, configuration, troubleshooting and ongoing usability of phones, desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Interact with IT Operations Manager and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in other IT teams such as Clinical Applications, IS Admins, Service Desk and Infrastructure to resolve user issues and further develop understanding of systems, applications and workflows.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all the equipment and systems supported by the IS Service Desk by keeping current with all documentation and by participating in continuing education programs.
- Utilize industry best practices to maintain appropriate level of LAN/WAN and computer systems security as established. Identify and work with IS Admins support staff to rectify any noted deficiencies.
- Assist in maintaining oversight of all IS inventory stock; including ordering, receiving, tracking, and deployment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, maintain acceptable cable management practices and clean work area/computer rooms.
- Evaluate existing systems and/or user/business needs to analyze, design, recommend and implement system updates and/or changes.
- Monitor and maintain computer rooms, while keeping a working knowledge of the configuration and purpose of the equipment in each room.
- Collaborate with vendors (Network, Telecom, etc.) to escalate issues and create service tickets in their external ticketing system. Communicate and deliver resolution to end users.
- Configure, monitor and support internal and external networks.
- Provide end user support with application functionality and escalate issues as needed.
- Image desktops and laptops. Build computers or change out computer parts.
- Participate in meetings and projects, and complete other duties as assigned.
We offer hands-on training, advancement opportunities, inter-company transfer opportunities, and benefits including: medical/dental/vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, a pre-tax matching 401k plan, DailyPay (make any day a payday), employee referral bonus, a pre-tax flexible spending plan, education reimbursement, free life insurance, and a host of other perks!
RadNet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to cultural diversity. RadNet will provide equal consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition. RadNet is an E-Verify participant. RadNet will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Article 9 in Chapter XVIII of the Los Angeles Municipal Code)
Keywords: Information Technology Specialist jobs, Information Technology jobs, Information Technology Field Support jobs, Information Technology Hardware jobs, IT Specialist jobs, IT jobs, IT Field Support jobs, and IT Hardware jobs
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a related technical field and/or a minimum of one (1) year of IT Support work experience.
- Demonstrate strong operational and analytical abilities, with superior communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing with all employees, customers and vendors (ability to communicate in a non-technical manner if needed).
- Possess and utilizes excellent customer service skills
- In-depth knowledge of PC, printer, file servers, print servers and network operations.
- Knowledge of network cabling, switches/hubs, routers, firewalls, network diagnostic tools, network operating systems and TCP/IP protocol is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, personal computer software set up and installation, and PC connectivity.
- High level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in problem determination and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and willingness to work additional hours beyond your regular shift as the need arises.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, encryption software and other PC based software applications
- Ability/flexibility to travel to/between sites as needed, must possess a valid / unrestricted CA State Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
Job Location: Victorville, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org