Website PlayStation London Studio
Are you looking for a Job at PlayStation London Studio in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
London Studio are building a team from the ground up for an upcoming PlayStation 5 online game. Quality is something that we are immensely proud to be aiming for, and we are looking at putting the right team together to help take us forward. New starters will be joining at the perfect time to get involved in shaping our plans for a project we are exceptionally passionate about.
We are also part of a wider network of PlayStation Studios and there are lots of opportunities for collaboration and wider support from our sister studios like Insomniac, Guerrilla, Naughty Dog and Media Molecule to name a few.
We are so excited to advertise this role, as it shapes and is embedded in the core of who we are and what our studio stands for – the people! We are in search of a dynamic, strategic thinker and doer who is team-spirited, this position sits on our studio leadership team as a Sr Manager – HR. You will love what you do and recognise that, when done correctly, your role can have a huge impact on a thriving and growing creative studio.
As the Sr. Manager, HR you will be responsible for London Studio’s HR strategy and the day-to-day HR operations of the studio. You will help to develop an inclusive and highly motivated team, driving excellence internally and representing the studio’s HR activities on the wider PlayStation Studios HR team.
You will be partnering with our Studio Heads, studio leadership and the operations team whose mission is to build, live and promote a great work environment. You will be responsible for leading the HR and Recruitment team for London Studio and taking responsibility for their growth and development. Sometimes this means setting the standard for your team and for the wider studio, to ensure the studio values are maintained.
Scope of Work
- You will work with the Studio Heads on succession planning by identifying and developing our next generation of leaders.
- You will identify current and future project training and hiring requirements through conducting gap analyses.
- You will apply insights to predict, counteract, and manage attrition.
- You will act as a thought partner to studio leaders to unlock business value.
- You will be passionate about providing expert coaching and consulting to leaders to drive a high performing culture.
- You will build and execute plans to align/deliver resources in support of studio goals and needs.
- You will create and conduct employee surveys to assess employee attitudes, track trends in employee behaviors and drive action on improvement of results.
- You will be responsible for leading and implementing the studio’s DEI strategy.
- You will develop, drive, and support diversity initiatives that improve market penetration, enhance leadership makeup, and champion a culture that values diversity
- You will instill DE&I as an ever-present focus, challenging the status quo and ensuring the topic’s importance is at the forefront of strategy planning and decisions.
- You will continue to act as a champion for team wellbeing, which includes supporting the studio Mental Health First Aiders.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- You will provide advice and coaching to managers on a variety of day-to-day people matters, such as performance management, employee relations, sickness absence case management, visas and working conditions etc…
- You will play a driving role in ensuring that we continuously develop our employees on both a professional and a personal level through relevant learning and development programmes, etc.
- You will be responsible for all administrative HR tasks including processing data, forms and letters to ensure the information is timely and accurate and all information on the HR Information System is correctly maintained.
- You will report on relevant HR data and metrics required by internal and external stakeholders timely and accurately.
- You will be the first point of contact for all day-to-day studio HR queries and ensure these are dealt with in line with relevant legislation and internal policies.
- You will provide pragmatic advice to line managers on the implementation of all people policies whilst ensuring that relevant legislation is also followed.
- You will partly oversee and work with the Office Manger on office Health & safety matters.
Leading a Team
- You will lead the studio’s HR and recruitment team to help them grow and develop professionally.
- You will partner with recruiting to deliver the right talent at the right time, using diverse slates and data insights
- You will be accountable for and support the recruitment process and strategy, alongside our in-house recruiters.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- You have proven track record of generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management and coaching, preferably within the games industry or a similar creative sector
- You have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, this is really important!
- You will have degree level education with CIPD qualification preferred
- You have strong working knowledge of employment law
- You are experienced at improving employee engagement
- You are proficient in MS Office and HR systems, preferably having worked with Workday and Greenhouse
- You can work independently, with minimal direction
- You are very organised and have strong project management skills
- You can communicate clearly and persuasively at all levels
- You have high business acumen – deep insight and a thorough understanding of the business environment and industry in which we operate
- You have excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders and employees at all levels of the organization
- You are passionate and have a strong sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways as well as a desire to make a difference.
We encourage you to bring your best-unaltered self to work! We know that what makes for a phenomenal team culture is our team showing up and being themselves, which means they own a part of the team spirit. What makes us great is that we accept our people and their differences. We hope you have a willingness to continue to build outstanding working environments for everyone and not just yourself.
Our roles can be flexible in terms of work location in the UK. We will consider the individual’s preference for hybrid, remote or onsite working. Unfortunately we are not in a position to accommodate remote working outside of the UK.
However, if you wish to relocate to the UK and require sponsorship, we can support you with the visa process.
We have so many benefits, and we felt that if we listed them all out here it might look like we are bragging! What we can say is that we have you covered, from health and wellbeing, to finance and personal development, there is something there for everyone! If you would like to know more head to our benefits and perks page!
We are absolutely committed to promoting and increasing diversity across the studio, welcoming applications from all groups who are underrepresented in the games industry and if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the criteria, we offer training to upskill our staff.
Company: PlayStation London Studio
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com