Website Phoenix Group
Are you looking for a Job at Phoenix Group in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Salary: Competitive plus plus bonus potential of 30-60%, 38 days holiday, 10% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 12 x salary life assurance
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract (8-9 months; dependent on start date. The role is paternity cover and will include handover time at the start and end of the time period)
Job Contact: 0131 245 1000
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th May
We have a great opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as the Head of Risk Reporting within the Group Risk Function. The Head of Risk Reporting will report into the Risk Strategy & Reporting Director.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£300 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 – but we’re not done yet.
We’ve seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 7,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for customers as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
We want to hire the whole version of you.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it’s joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
This role supports the Group Risk Function in its mission ‘to promote informed decision-making and controlled risk-taking that achieves a sustainable future for our customers and delivers long-term value for our shareholders’.
It Does This By
- Leading a team of risk professionals with responsibility for delivering timely, insightful, and clear risk reporting to key stakeholders which drives action, ownership and accountability for risk across the Group. In particular, reporting assists the Chief Risk Officers (CROs) and Risk Strategy & Reporting Director in delivering the Risk Function’s messages to Committees and Boards.
- Providing reporting outputs to Management Committees (including Group ExCo) and Board Risk Committees and Boards (at both the Life Company and Group level).
- Reporting the Group’s risk activities externally including statutory reporting and to rating agencies.
- Providing support, consultancy and oversight on risk management practice in implementing, embedding and supporting the Group’s Risk Management Framework (RMF) within the business.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
- Lead an efficient and effective Risk Reporting team:
- Leadership : Provide leadership to the Risk Reporting team to ensure all key deliverables are produced in a timely manner through effective planning, prioritisation, time management and motivation of team members.
- Develop team members: Develop the skills and competencies of team members, particularly in relation to business and industry knowledge, communication skills, quality of reporting and stakeholder management. To ensure that the potential of each is recognised, individually and collectively.
- Performance Management: Ensure that performance ratings are calibrated across the team and contribute to functional calibration.
- Lead risk reporting across the Group:
- Lead timely production of Risk function (Line 2) risk reporting deliverables throughout the year, including: Consolidated Risk Reports; CRO Reports; Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) reporting; and, risk inputs into Annual Report and Accounts for the Group and its Life Companies.
- Work with teams across Line 2 to ensure that the reporting effectively articulates the key risks to the Group, the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework, risk exposures against appetite, and the appropriateness of actions taken to manage risk exposures and breaches of appetite.
- Stakeholder management and building relationships:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key senior stakeholders within the business across Line 1 and Line 2.
- Continually develop and leverage these relationships to ensure quality, consistency and impact of risk reporting across the Group.
- Manage the needs of multiple senior stakeholders simultaneously (including CROs) to ensure that reporting delivered by the Risk Reporting team effectively meets the needs of these stakeholders.
- The Head of Risk Reporting will be expected to influence senior stakeholders as appropriate.
- Be forward thinking: Improve the quality and efficiency of reporting through enhancements to existing processes and development of new processes, including the use of technology where that would be beneficial. Identify key themes, patterns and early warning indicators to develop core messages for senior management decision making.
- Investigations: Invest time in additional analyses and investigations to provide new insights for the purpose of supporting better strategic decision-making; in doing so, leveraging the full capabilities of the Risk function.
- Director support: Head of Risk Reporting will be expected to deputise for the Risk Strategy & Reporting Director as required.
- Risk Strategy, Risk Management Framework Development and Merger & Acquisition and Risk Operations support : Support the activities of these teams within the wider Risk Strategy & Reporting team when required to do so (e.g. implementation of enhanced strategic and emerging risk management frameworks, embedding risk culture across the business, production and oversight of the Risk Function Plan, assisting in the effective operation of the Risk function, and embedding the RMF across the Group and reporting associated with this).
Why choose us?
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Sound good? If you are ready to help us make Phoenix the best place you’ve ever worked, we’d love to hear from you.
Company: Phoenix Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org