Website Phoenix Group
Are you looking for a Job at Phoenix Group in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Salary: upto 120,000 per annum plus bonus, pension, 38 days holiday including back holiday, private medical care and lots more.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London with Hybrid working
Job Contact: 0131 245 1000
Closing Date: Friday 20th May
We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Structurer to join our LTM Structuring Team within Retirement Solutions to provide a highly professional actuarial service applying deep technical & business knowledge to aid senior management decision making and to lead others in the actuarial specialism.
Within Retirement Solutions, Lifetime Mortgages is a key part in delivering a purpose led organisation helping customers in their retirement planning. Lifetime mortgages is a key driver in delivering our strategic growth plans and cash & resilience to our shareholders through managing competitiveness, capital efficiency and effective risk systems and controls. Innovation and agility in decision making will be key to enable us to remain competitive and relevant to our customers. As a result, individuals within the team get exposure to every aspect of an insurer’s divisions across investments, finance and actuarial. The learning and development opportunities are vast.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£300 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 – but we’re not done yet.
We’ve seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 7,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for customers as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
We Want To Hire The Whole Version Of You
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it’s joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
The role reports to the Head of Structuring.
This Will Involve
As a Structurer, your primary focus will be to support the structuring of Solvency II securitisation of lifetime mortgages and other mortgage based lending products, and execution of transactions.
- Support the development and implementation of equity release structuring and hedging solutions.
- Support the development and structuring of new mortgage based lending solutions.
- Responsible for presenting solutions/ideas to senior stakeholders and key governance committees to get their approval for implementation
- Managing the process of assessing the risk of new and existing products with second line
- Managing the reporting process of new and existing products with in-house actuaries and external consultants.
- Up to date on market and industry knowledge of new structuring and product ideas in mortgage based lending.
- Driving thought leadership inside and outside the organisation on actuarial management of ERM portfolio and other types of mortgage lending
- Working with legal counsel on execution
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a track record of structuring/executing deals within a finance context, in banking, reinsurance, insurance or other related. They will have strong quantitative skills; excellent communication skills, being able to simplify complex topics for delivery to different audiences; excellent commercial and business acumen; and an ability to work within a fast paced multi-disciplinary team.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject
- Several years experience in a financial institution putting together and executing financial transactions. Examples include structured securities, secured or other lending, asset swaps, collateral arrangements etc
- Excellent communication skills – effective engagement with senior stakeholders across the Group and ability to simplify complex topics for delivery to different audiences.
- Actuarial qualifications, experience within the insurance sector and/or experience managing capital for financial institutions is desirable but by no means essential.
- Knowledge of financial balance sheets is preferable (including insuranceeinsurance or banking)
- Familiarity with the regulation of financial institutions.
Why choose us?
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Sound good? If you are ready to help us make Phoenix the best place you’ve ever worked, we’d love to hear from you.
Company: Phoenix Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com