Website Phoenix Group
Are you looking for a Job at Phoenix Group in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Salary: £60,000 – £65,000 depending on experience, benefits include 16% on target bonus up to 32%, 10% pension, private medical insurance + much more!
Job Type: Permanent
Job Contact: Shanice Morgan
Closing Date: 27th May
We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as an Operational Risk Manager to join ourGroup Risk Programme Assurance team in Group Operational Risk
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£300 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 – but we’re not done yet.
We’ve seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 7,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for customers as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
We want to hire the whole version of you.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it’s joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
We’re currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager to join our Group Risk Programme Assurance team in Group Operational Risk to provide and, as relevant, lead advice, independent opinion and assurance in alignment with the Group Risk’s Mission to promote informed decision making and controlled risk-taking that improves customer outcomes and delivers long term value for shareholders
- Lead oversight and assurance of specific projects as allocated by the Head of Group Risk Programme Assurance.
- Promote the design and implementation of the Risk Management Framework across the business, acting as a champion and guardian of appropriate Control Related Behaviour.
- Make observations on whether the processes and procedures adopted by the business are compliant with applicable internal and external requirements (including Solvency II) and best practice internal control system design.
- Ensure management actions in response to emerging risks, key risk themes, issues and operational events are appropriate.
- Produce or contribute to project / programme assurance reports.
- Track agreed issues and actions and facilitate the completion of actions to agreed deadlines.
- Assist the Head of Group Risk Programme Assurance with regular committee reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with line 1 management, providing valued input.
What are we looking for?
- Experience and understanding of the operation of the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of operational risk and regulatory requirements in relation to financial services, specifically life and pensions.
- Broad understanding of specialist operational risk related fields such as: change; business continuity / operational resilience; customer treatment and finance / actuarial processes.
- Change management experience.
- Excellent communication skills and gravitas including experience of reporting and presenting at senior management/ executive level.
- Drive and flexibility to undertake a wide range of projects/activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrate sound risk awareness and judgement.
- A professional qualification in either operational risk or change management or related degree.
- Knowledge of the Solvency II regime and the changes this has brought to the insurance industry.
- Understanding of operational risk quantification.
Why choose us?
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Sound good? If you are ready to help us make Phoenix the best place you’ve ever worked, we’d love to hear from you.
Company: Phoenix Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org