Website Phillips 66
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Phillips in Taft, CA
About the job
- Phillips 66 & YOU – Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
The Utility Person – Taft, CA assists in the maintenance of Phillips 66 petroleum pipelines and pump stations to include but not limited to: performing gauging duties, inspection of storage tanks, patrolling and maintaining pipeline right-of-ways, operating manned and unmanned pump stations, performing maintenance and operations activities per Federal Code of Regulations (Part 195), and Phillips 66 Operating and Maintenance Policies and Procedures.
Responsibilities May Include
- Responsible for administrative duties such as payroll expense accounts, and SAP-PM work order processing.
- Monitoring controls for pipeline delivery and receipts.
- Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products and/or crude oil.
- Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Accurately ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork.
- Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes.
- Responding to emergencies and maintaining emergency and measurement equipment.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (Computer-Based Training).
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs.
- Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all product seeps and spills).
- Assisting with transport driver and new employee training.
- Monitoring and enforcing all safety rules and regulations.
- Completing daily, weekly, monthly office inventory reconciliation, additive, agency and other required reports.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to perform/comply with following items, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- To climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 40 feet in height
- To raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To wear personal protective equipment, such as flame-retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc.
- To work overtime, nights and weekends on an as-needed basis
- To work alone a high percentage of the time
- 1 or more years of experience in the petroleum industry
- Proficient in Excel, Word and SAP
- Ability to produce thorough and accurate paperwork
- Effective communications (verbal and written) and team skills
- Ability to complete Lock Out Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, Critical Lifts and Line Locates safely and effectively
- Respond to emergencies and participate in Emergency Response Training
- 1 or more years of mechanical and rotating equipment experience
Phillips 66’s Midstream business is a safe, reliable and trusted logistics provider for the movement and storage of liquid or gas energy via pipelines or terminals. We are an industry leader in logistics and operate or manage more than 21,000 miles of pipelines that transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries and finished products from a refineries to storage terminals. We operate 39 terminals that supply finished products to consumer gas stations, as well as crude oil and NGL storage terminals and NGL fractionation facilities. We also provide the connectivity between the various Phillips 66 business units.
Benefits For Certain Eligible, Full-time Employees Include
At Phillips 66, providing access to high quality programs and care for you and your family is important to us. Maintaining a culture of well-being — physical, emotional, social, and financial — is essential for a high-performing organization. When we are at our best, we are poised to deliver exceptional results — personally and professionally.
- Annual Variable Cash Incentive Program (VCIP) bonus
- 8% 401k company match, with an additional 0-4% Company 401k contribution based on the Company’s financial performance
- Cash Balance Account pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with an annual company contribution to a Health Savings Account for employees on HDHP
- Total well-being programs and incentives, including Employee Assistance Plan, well-being reimbursement, and backup family care services
Learn more about Phillips 66 Total Rewards at
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of Feb. 22, 2021
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Company: Phillips 66
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Taft, CA
Application Deadline: N/A