This listing is about Perficient in Albuquerque, NM
About the job
Want to learn some of the hottest technologies around right now, such as Google Apps, Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Heroku and Adobe AEM? Perficient is looking for an Associate Technical Consultant to join the team.
Usually a major in computer science, engineering or an engineering degree with programming coursework and an interest in being a software developer, the Associate Technical Consultant builds world class software applications for some of the country’s largest companies.
Perficient’s Associate Technical Consultants utilize top technologies including JAVA, .Net, Adobe, Oracle and SalesForce to implement popular software products such as IBM WebSphere Portal, AEM, TIBCO, Siebel, SharePoint, etc. while working in a collaborative environment.
Perficient is always looking for the best and brightest talent and we need you! We’re a quickly-growing, global digital consulting leader, and we’re transforming the world’s largest enterprises and biggest brands. You’ll work with the latest technologies, expand your skills, and become a part of our global community of talented, diverse, and knowledgeable colleagues.
This position has a hard start date of June 7th, so please only apply if that start date would be suitable for you.
A bout Our Custom & Product Development Group
The Custom & Product Development (CPD) team takes a solutions-oriented approach to helping our clients. We focus on understanding the business problem to solve, manage the engagement, but work as a partner. We assemble teams accountable for the solutions, applying the right tools and technology for the project. The 150+ (and growing) members of the CPD team are smart and creative and have various levels of experience, all rooted in a variety of backgrounds.
Client solutions often involve front end web and mobile components, service layers, and backend data storage and analysis, integration with customer and third-party systems, and modern DevOps practices. We also pride ourselves on being able to figure out and adopt client-specific and emerging technologies that will help with a solution.
Our team actively partners with leading cloud communications and contact center vendors such as Twilio and Amazon Connect to design, build and support solutions that help companies better engage and communicate with customers.
Our team works across multiple business domains, (eCommerce, Financial Services, Healthcare & Biosciences, and many others), to transform their communication and customer engagement platforms. We also work closely with our software partners by pursuing opportunities together, providing feedback on roadmap and feature improvements and creating best practices and patterns through thought leadership.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an Associate Technical Consultant in our CPD national business unit.
As a junior developer on our Custom & Product Development team, you work closely as a main point of contact with customer technical and business stakeholders as part of a project team(s) to design, develop, test, and deploy custom solutions with one or more of our partner vendor platforms. You should have good written and verbal communication skills and have some experience leading consulting and collaboration with various technical and business stakeholders. Mentoring and coaching colleagues is an important part of this role. Besides implementing contact center solutions, you will also at times architect, design and build integrations between cloud contact center platforms and external systems or fulfill a customer’s requirements using the various cloud platform APIs and services.
This is a consulting position and requires regular interaction and collaboration with customers in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, time management and clear communication are essentials tools in delivering successful engagements. Projects vary in length, new technologies, platforms and team composition, so adaptability and the ability to learn new things quickly is essential.
You will also be involved in collecting requirements for a new solution during the sales or elaboration process, documenting solutions we have developed, or communicating with customers about project status.
- Be a collaborative team member who readily shares knowledge and accepts & provides feedback.
- Designing, coding & unit/integration testing using Perficient methodology.
- Debugging & troubleshooting code related issues/defects.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt & work with team members of various experience levels.
- Design and strategize on internal products, accelerators & other internal IP initiatives.
- Design, code, test, troubleshoot, & document as part of each engineering software solution.
- Develop Applications & Services in our core set of technologies.
- Develop POC Proof-of-Concept and MVP (Minimum Viable Product) projects to validate new architectures & solutions.
- Follow the technical software development processes for each project.
- Exposure to working in an Agile/Scrum/XP environment is a plus.
- Gaining an understanding of the unique business & technical requirements on each engagement to facilitate the most appropriate solution design.
- Take on new challenges & responsibilities as opportunities occur.
- Interact with business stakeholders and technical staff at customers during professional services engagements.
- Interact with other cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, & release features.
- Work flexibly with offshore teams & clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases.
- Produce client deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans & well-documented code.
- Practice strong configuration management & version control.
- Quickly learn and implement new technologies & software patterns.
- Representing Perficient professionally in both client & team situations.
If you have most of the required qualifications and a deep interest in learning quickly in an environment with lots of opportunities for advancement, we encourage you to apply. Attitude counts for a lot as well. We also welcome those who chose technology as a second career who have made significant investments in learning and training themselves in new skills.
Some travel may be possible when it is once again safe to do so.
- A disciplined approach to software development
- Bachelor’s degree
- Computer Science Degree optional (with applicable experience) but sense of humor is a MUST
- Excellent listening, oral, & written communication skills
- Flexible to new situations & challenges
- Knowledge of current technologies, application software development, Agile & iterative development methodologies
- Passion for technology & technical aptitude
- Solid understanding & experience of OO programming
- Strong interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Able to c onvey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Compelling & compassionate to win over clients with high quality standards
- Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Deeply interested in technology, including complex enterprise software products, with a continual drive to learn more.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness around work pace, process, and the ability to grow personally & professionally.
- Desire to learn, grow, mentor, and increase your ownership & contributions over time.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical staff.
- Faces difficult issues & supports others who do the same.
- Insightful & always looking for breakthrough ideas.
- Interested in working on a close-knit team & staying aware of overall business needs rather than working in a development silo.
- Motivated by the idea of learning about how people do their jobs & creating technology solutions to help them.
- Organized & reliable at completing assigned tasks on time.
- Possess technical agility and savvy; persistent & creative at finding solutions to problems on your own; someone who can use documentation, Google searches, & trial and error to figure out a problem you have not encountered before.
- Precise & efficient communicator
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Self-sufficient, with high integrity & more than just competent
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
Who We Are
Perficient is a leading global digital consultancy. We imagine, create, engineer, and run digital transformation solutions that help our clients exceed customers’ expectations, outpace competition, and grow their business. With unparalleled strategy, creative, and technology capabilities, our colleagues bring big thinking and innovative ideas, along with a practical approach to help our clients – the world’s largest enterprises and biggest brands succeed.
What We Believe
At Perficient, we promise to challenge, champion, and celebrate our people. You will experience a unique and collaborative culture that values every voice. Join our team, and you’ll become part of something truly special.
We believe in developing a workforce that is as diverse and inclusive as the clients we work with. We’re committed to actively listening, learning, and acting to further advance our organization, our communities, and our future leaders… and we’re not done yet.
Perficient, Inc. proudly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Perficient, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Perficient, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or covered veterans. Improper interference with the ability of Perficient, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Perficient is committed to providing a barrier-free employment process with reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Applicants should ensure that their e-mail settings will receive e-mail from the iCIMS system otherwise, you could miss critical communications related to your application.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM
Application Deadline: N/A