Website Pavers Shoes
Are you looking for a Job at Pavers Shoes in North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Are you looking for a full time role? Are you free to work flexibly including some evenings and weekend shifts on a rota basis? Due to growth at Pavers, we are continuing to expand the size of our Warehouse Operative teams at Upper Poppleton, York, to support the picking and packing of our customers purchases and retail store stock deliveries. We now offer the option to work through a next steps training programme to increase your pay rate when complete to £9.90 per hour!
We have a number of full time contracts available (40 hours per week) with various shift patterns available to suit individual requirements. You’ll be given 6-8 weeks’ notice of rotas & some overtime may be available too! The warehouse opens at 6am and closes at 10pm every day with shift start times flexible to suit your availability.
Our Warehouse is over 100,000 square feet, so you will definitely not have a problem getting the steps in on a daily basis!
Duties of our Warehouse Operatives include:
- Distributing pre-packed cartons into shop packing areas
- Re-boxing small cartons ready for despatch
- Complete Shop Replen Picks or Customer Order Picks as directed by Team Leaders
- Maintaining a consistent stock picking rates to targets
- Checking shop picks passed into despatch area
- Packing individual shop picks into default cartons for despatch
- Counting number of cartons for despatch
- Unloading Goods in deliveries and shelving in appropriate Warehouse locations
- Processing Recalls and Inter-Branch Transfers (IBT’s)
- Loading outgoing shipments onto transport & Off-loading inbound transport
- Keeping areas clean and tidy
- Following Company H & S policy
- Any other duties required
- Available to work flexibly 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis including some evenings and weekends
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse or picking and packing would be desirable but, not essential.
- Able to use computers and mobile devices to basic level (training provided)
- Good level of physical fitness with ability to use initiative
- Team player with good communication and timekeeping skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Positive and friendly persona
Pay & Benefits of our Warehouse Operatives:
Pay £9.65 per hour – option to work through next steps training programme to increase pay to £9.90 per hour. (from April 2022)
- Generous Staff Discount
- Free onsite parking
- Holiday Entitlement (Increases with service)
- Company Contribution Pension
- Access to RetailTRUST
- Access to the Pavers Foundation: employee-led grant application and charitable giving scheme
- Access to training and development opportunities through Pavers Academy
You will need to upload a CV to apply but if you do not have a CV, an application form can be obtained by emailing [email protected] to complete and submit.
We are passionate about providing comfort and happiness to our customers, and we make sure to employ people who are as passionate as we are. We always look for happy, confident, upbeat people, and we provide great jobs in a supportive family environment for them. We know that without our colleagues there is no business, and so the better we look after you, the better service you will provide our customers. We always try and do the right thing by our people.
If this sounds like the kind of business you’d like to know more about, we’d love to hear from you – please apply today for the role of Warehouse Operative!
Company: Pavers Shoes
Vacancy Type: £9.65/hr – £9.90/hr · Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org