Are you looking for a Job at PatSnap in Greater Toronto Area, Canada
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Ready to grow?
At PatSnap when we talk about growth, we don’t just mean your career trajectory. Growth to us means creating opportunities for employees to be challenged, take ownership over initiatives, spread entrepreneurial wings, and feel safe to try new things. We are passionate about creating a culture where your progression is a unique experience, with you in the driver’s seat.
As the leading global innovation intelligence platform, we help customers identify technological opportunities that could affect the future growth and survival of their business by connecting and analyzing information from a variety of global data points. We call this Connected Innovation Intelligence. Not familiar with that term? Don’t worry, we’ll teach you all about it or you can learn more here.
We’re scaling quickly and looking for a Web Developer who is a fearless change agent, eager to be at the forefront of innovation, and not afraid to take the path less traveled. Sound like you? Then take a look at the responsibilities and requirements below, this might just be your #dreamjob.
The Web Developer owns the design, development, maintenance, and evolution of the PatSnap website, while working closely with the Marketing Team to strategize and develop a wide range of digital marketing initiatives. They play a crucial role in ensuring PatSnap’s online properties and strive to meet the highest standards of branding, user experience, lead generation, speed, SEO, accessibility, security, and privacy. As the incumbent plays a major role in supporting both demand generation and brand-development, collaboration with marketing and communications teams is critical to success.
What You’ll Be Doing
Website design and development:
- a. Plan, design, develop, manage, and optimize the company’s primary marketing website, PatSnap.com
- b. Code custom WordPress themes, templates, and plugins, following best practices across various environments (local, staging and production)
- c. Ensure website health relating to speed, technical SEO, usability, security, browser/device compatibility, and regional privacy and accessibility compliance (GDPR, AODA, WCAG, EQA, etc.)
- d. Manage, configure, and maintain web hosting framework to deliver the highest standards of performance and security
- e. Oversee, maintain, test, and troubleshoot integrations with marketing automation and analytics tools, with the goal of constantly growing web traffic metrics
- f. Develop and document internal procedures relating to development, CMS guides, backups, and emergency restorations
Digital marketing projects, relationships, and leadership:
- a. Work in close partnership with the Marketing Team and other internal teams as a subject matter expert on web best practices relating to user experience, website-based organic marketing, and platform integrations
- b. Strategize on major web projects (learning management systems, campaign websites, leadgeneration projects)
- c. Contribute to content strategy, management, and creation, applying digital marketing best practices relating to usability, user engagement and SEO
- d. Manage relationships with external developers and other vendors contributing to the infrastructure, design, build and maintenance of PatSnap’s marketing websites, to ensure work is produced in line with standards, timelines and budgets.
- e. Establish and support processes/procedures to continually streamline digital work taking place throughout the marketing department
Who You Are
- Must have 5+ years of experience as the owner of a marketing website in an internal digital marketing & communications department
- Grasp of the full lifecycle of marketing website production, with the ability to lead all stages of planning, design, development, maintenance, and evolution
- Website project management experience, from building out campaign websites to complete website overhauls
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, while advocating for a first-rate user experience
- Make strategic recommendations using data to back up arguments, with the ability to break down problems and present solutions in a coherent way to non-technical stakeholders
- Proficient understanding of front-end languages, semantic page/site structure standards, mobile-first design thinking, search engine optimization, web hosting considerations, digital accessibility regulations and techniques, and regional privacy compliance
- Adobe suite, Figma, graphic/image/video creation and manipulation
What You’ll Love
- RRSP Contribution Matching
- Healthcare for you & your dependents
- Dental care for you & your dependents
- 25 days of annual leave (increases to 30 days)
- Access to mental health support
- We aim to get you covered for your working from home set up, so we will give you a 6 months’ worth of upfront allowance to help you set yourself up for success, after that, you will receive it on a monthly basis.
- We hold our Values strongly:
- Integrity without compromise
- Employee empowerment and passion for continuous leadership development opportunities
- Openness and honesty in the exchange of ideas
- Growth, self-learning & practitioner mindset
- Constant innovation and a thirst for finding new ways to solve problems
PatSnap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A