This listing is about Paroio in Columbus, OH
About the job
Looking to leverage your previous public accounting experience in a freelance capacity? Paro has the opportunity for you during tax season & beyond! Our Freelancer Network is seeking 1099 Freelance Tax Prep with work beginning immediately, for at least 20 hours per week. These are all fully remote projects!
- Paro helps growing companies gain confidence in their finances. We match businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it.
- Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
About Being A Tax Expert with Paro
- Paro provides freelancers (1099 contractors) with access to client work through the managed marketplace and allows you to grow your own book of business on the Paro platform while we handle the business development. Our team ensures that the client expectations and budgets of projects are clearly defined before they get to the freelancer to deliver.
- This freelancer will partner with a CPA firm during the tax busy season to provide support to multiple clients. CPA firms range from local boutique accounting firms to mid-tier public accounting firms.
Examples of Tax Freelancer Projects (not limited to):
- Prepare quarterly & annual tax reports or tax returns (1120s, 1120-C, 1040s, 1065s, etc.)
- Leverage software such as: Ultratax, Lacerte, CCH, and ProConnect
- Manage and maintain the companys tax database
- Perform detailed reviews of all taxes prior to filing
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits
- Comply with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities
- Offer support and guidance during audits
- Present industry trends and changes related to taxes for clients
Tax Expert – Experience/Skills Required
- 1+ years of experience in public accounting
- College degree in Accounting or Tax (a plus)
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to work independently, without guidance and meet deadlines
- Integrity, ethical standards and understanding of confidentiality
- Professional communication skills- written, verbal and presentation skills
- Certified Public Accountant OR Enrolled Agent certifications
By freeing professionals from the confines of traditional work, Paro is democratizing access to the business solutions that companies of all sizes need. Our proprietary AI-powered platform enables us to analyze business needs, define the solution and precisely match companies with the best-fit finance expert to achieve their goals.
Our exclusive network of remote finance experts includes CPAs, bookkeepers, accountants, controllers, financial analysts, auditors and CFOs. These professionals average 15 years of experience and have been carefully curated from tens of thousands of applications, so clients have security knowing the right expertise is always at their fingertips. We attract and retain our top-tier talent by empowering these entrepreneurial finance professionals to build their own businesses doing what they love, on their own terms. Our experts know Paro’s marketplace makes a statement about the professional they are, and our curated matches provide the clients they desire.
Over the last two years, Paro experts have provided more than 100 different financial services to clients, ranging from basic bookkeeping and accounting to highly specialized support for fundraises from a $2M seed round through a $100M series C.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org