Website Owens Corning
This listing is about Owens Corning in Houston, TX
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Owens Corning Specialty Insulation sales organization is seeking a Sales Lead to support our Gulf Coast Area Insulation business. This position is accountable to drive profitable sales growth for our customers and Owens Corning by providing customer inspired solutions while implementing our Industrial mechanical insulation sales strategy.
The position involves selling Specification of Owens Corning Foamglas®, Foamular, and Thermafiber products and accessory materials primarily to owners and mechanical/consulting engineering firms in the industrial sectors. The Sales Lead must maintain existing relationships with customers in the territory and establish new customer relationships to meet our growth agenda. The ideal candidate will understand channel pull-through sales tactics focused on facility and project owners, EPC’s, and other influencers in support of distributors selling the Owens Corning Industrial insulation portfolio.
Industrial insulation product knowledge, application, basic insulation science, financial business acumen and the ability to develop industry/market knowledge and opportunity analysis are critical to help our customers be successful.
Reports to : Regional Sales Leader
Span of Control : Individual Contributor
Developing Sales Territory Strategy
Collaborate with Marketing and Technical groups to develop sales and marketing strategies that will ensure the profitable growth and success of Owens Corning and our customers within the markets served in the region. Create and maintain a territory analysis that includes: economic impacts, market trends, competitor intelligence and strategies, clear needs of the customer, and the customer’s strategy. Know competitive landscape and how to leverage that knowledge to win with your customers.
Driving Business Growth
Continuously builds intimate insight and knowledge of the Industrial insulation market and influencers that include: distributors, contractors, engineers, trade support within the territory. Utilize a strategy to grow sales by understanding the customer’s business, channel influencers and what is necessary for the customer to be successful. Utilize cross functional resources to create differential value and articulate a value proposition that leverages marketing tools, product portfolio, construction data and relationships to grow your region. Understand Industrial construction projects, track projects by region in support of product specification activities during design, bid, and award phase.
The position must have a strong implementer of the division strategy for each of the products and solutions they represent, and drive actions toward meeting their sales goals. T he Sales Lead must be a well-organized, self-starter with high work standards. These attributes will be key to achieving defined sales revenue, managing OC product placement and customer share. The Sales Lead will execute customer strategies, share results with others, conduct meaningful customer discovery interviews, to ensure we are delivering on what each customer values most.
- Engineering Sales (specification development)
- Plant/facility specification development
- Channel Management and support
- Contractor Development
- Territory management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mechanical engineering, Construction management, Industrial Distribution or related field
- At least 5 years of channel sales experience; highly preferred in industrial material specification sales (Insulation, piping, Valves, Industrial, Marine)
- Knowledge of industrial specification methodology
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships with direct and indirect influencers
- Familiar with construction practices and how to sell within the industrial insulation segment
- Ability to market, educate and sell existing and new products and services; attracting new customers
- Demonstrated understanding of market dynamics including channels, customers, and competitive landscape
- Experience in the industrial materials industry and a strong process science knowledge is preferred.
- Understands the impact of segment macroeconomics on demand
- Has deep drive and experience with achieving exceptional results
- Demonstrated experience driving and developing business for future growth
- Identify and appropriately manages key accounts
- Experience making persuasive product presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage change
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organization and deadline management skills
- Works well cross functionally (i.e. marketing, sales, R&D)
- Applies continuous improvement to the sales process to improve business execution and results
- Demonstrated dependable ability to prioritize, follow-up and execute against multiple opportunities
- Demonstrates leadership within teams
- Demonstrates strong communication upstream and downstream.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong technical acumen
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company’s three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company’s customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Company: Owens Corning
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A