Website Outco Inc.
This listing is about Outco Inc in San Francisco Bay Area
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
NOTE: Additionally, apply here: https://airtable.com/shrQsE1FMHkVYolF4
JOB: Part-Time Career Coach (less than 10 hrs/week)
Our mission: Achieving outcomes by providing interview prep programs and supportive coaching to empower software engineers to land competitive job offers.
WHO ARE WE?
Outco is a San Francisco based startup that provides job search coaching and interpersonal communication skills development for software engineers. Coaches train software engineers on their technical and interview skills to help accelerate their job search process and advance them in their technical careers.
The Outco Coaching Team is led by software engineers, former recruiters, educators and folks with a passion for helping students reach their full potential. Outco has helped over 1,900 + software engineers land jobs at top technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, YC startups, and more.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The Outco team is made up of a balanced group of innovators and self-starters who strongly believe that every Outco client has the potential to reach their highest level of confidence and success with supportive training, practice, and guidance. At Outco, we take pride in building an open and collaborative environment where every Outco Team member contributes their unique skill-sets and experiences to the company.
This is an exciting time to join OutCo as we are expanding our training and coaching services! Our goal is to build a team of enthusiastic, passionate and thoughtful individuals who believe in the Outco mission:
“Supporting tech professionals at all levels in unlocking their full potential (..through earning jobs, for now).”
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT OUTCO?
As a part-time career coach, your primary responsibility is to exercise emotional intelligence and guide Outcoders through the job search life cycle. You will provide the Outco team, including instructors and clients, with support both in and out of the virtual ‘classroom’. You must be knowledgeable of all stages of the job search, from resume to offer to negotiations.
- Serve as a part-time career coach and job search counselor to clients
- Create a safe space for open communication amongst Outcoders with job search challenges
- Interact 1:1 with job-seeking Software Engineers through group breakout activities, email and 1:1 interview coaching sessions
- Coach and help sharpen clients’ interviewing communication skills
- Lead and provide feedback during small group facilitation
- Offer interview feedback to Outcoders, focusing on strengths and areas of improvement
- Present and lead class presentations and group coaching sessions, as needed
- Provide (virtual) support to instructors during remote and onsite classes
- Keep job seeking Software Engineers accountable in their job search, and check-in and follow-up with them as needed
- Participate in internal communications
- Attend team meetings
- Regularly check and respond to company-wide/team communication channels (e.g. email, calendar invites, slack, etc.)
- Provide support and facilitate at Outco’s client-facing events, as needed
- Experience in HR, Career Coaching, or Tech Recruiting
- Background in Teaching, Public Speaking, or Professional Development
- Background in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Contingent upon experience
Director of Programs
The Career Coach does not have any immediate direct reports.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS (FLSA) STATUS:
Company: Outco Inc.
Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Application Deadline: N/A