This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Otak in Portland, OR
About the job
This summer, Otak CPM has exciting opportunities for high-performing, driven individuals interested in growing their careers in one of the most dynamic multidisciplinary design and construction firms in the Northwest. As part of our Project Management / Construction Management division, you will have the opportunity to work on one of our leading projects under the support of a project team and gain valuable industry knowledge and experience in the field. Our objective is to help further your comprehensive understanding of the design and construction process, sharpen problem identification/solving, and build communication skills. In addition, positions have the opportunity for expansion into full-time roles. If this sounds like you, Otak CPM, is looking for qualified young professionals eager to take on new challenges and grow with us.
What You Will Do
- Directly support a Project Manager (PM) with coordination of work performed by a project team (design consultants and builders) on behalf of public / private clients throughout the construction project
- Maintain project documentation / filing including verification of invoices, capturing meeting minutes and correspondence, preparing site observation reports for quality control and schedule management, monitoring quality assurance logs, and disseminating materials to clients and the project
- Participate in the completion of projects through the development and implementation of move / relocation plans, installation and delivery of furniture and contractor-installed equipment, and the closeout documentation process.
- Add value to projects by bringing unique skills and talent for project management, business administration, problem solving, organization / spreadsheet management, technology, field coordination, and/or communication / stakeholder
- For Clients: review design documents to verify they conform to the owner’s standards and specifications; schedule and participate commissioning meetings; participate in client design review meetings and help keep stakeholders informed and
- With Project Team: facilitate the timely management of project documents / decision making; maintain effective working relationships with team for steady flow of work and communication; review / analyze consultant reports and builder documentation as assigned by the PM.
What You Bring
- Current college junior, senior, or graduate level student
- Ability to compile and analyze data, manage budget / accounting documentation and review contracts
- Collaborative, proactive and comprehensive approach to problem solving and engaging with teams and diverse networks of stakeholders
- Strong technology, organization and communication (written / oral / visual) skills
- Ability to clearly communicate and develop strong relationships
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Experience with Bluebeam Revu and project management systems such as E-Builder, Prolog, Primavera, Smartsheet, and SharePoint highly preferred.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week
- Ability to travel and work from Portland office and co-located environments at client sites
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Why work at Otak?
We’re not just looking for skills and experience, having shared values is just as important! When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
What is it really like to work at Otak? Watch this short video: Our Why
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
Otak is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The Equal Opportunity policy at Otak, Inc. provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, nation origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status or disability or any other status(es) protected by law. Otak ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and mandatory supplements to EEO (revisions).
At Otak, we recognize that inclusion is a practice and we are determined to lead our industry by embedding that practice into our work. Cultivating an inclusive workplace environment is ongoing and consistent work, requiring dedication and commitment from every member of the organization. This commitment is reflected in Otak’s promise to significantly increase employee diversity, impact the communities in which we work, and establish ongoing relationships within these communities.
Otak’s Vision for an Inclusive Environment includes the following:
- We embrace diverse identities, and willingly engage across difference
- All employees can experience the workplace safely and show up as their authentic selves
- Fostering unique perspectives and an open exchange of ideas
- Engaging one another with curiosity rather than judgment
- Relationships are built on mutual trust, dignity, and respect
If you are a minority, veteran, person with a disability, or a member of the LGBTQA Community, we strongly encourage and welcome you to apply to any open position of interest. If you want to learn more about Otak, this position, or the company’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected].
- Please note, Otak is not accepting resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies at this time.
Vacancy Type: Internship · Internship
Job Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: N/A