Website Orlando Magic NBA Team
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Orlando Magic NBA Team in Orlando, FL
About the job
A Quick Summary About The Corporate Office Assistant Role
You will provide dependable and high-level professional support related to the administrative and operational activities for the Corporate Office and Ownership group, including but not limited to proactive planning and effective execution of games, concerts, and special events.
What the Corporate Office Assistant will be focus on:
- Provide support for the Corporate Office Director on daily administrative functions related to the CEO and Corporate Office.
- Act as the on-site point of contact for the Corporate Office to coordinate technology needs, maintenance requests, catering, and other internal partners that provide service to support the operations of the Corporate Office.
- Provide support as need to the VP of Shareholder Engagement.
- Organize and maintain storage inventory at Amway Center and other off-site locations and ensure inventory spreadsheets are kept current (i.e., VIP gifts, merchandise).
- Manage all requests for autographed items and ticket donations. Maintain inventory log.
- Prepare monthly expense reports and credit card statements in a timely manner.
- Maintain contact lists for players and Magic leadership.
- Update and maintain procedural manuals, as needed.
- Serve as backup to the Corporate Office Director and the Executive Assistant to the President of Business Operations, as needed.
- Assist the Corporate Office Director with special projects that support the goals and initiatives of the Corporate Office.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Corporate Office Director, CEO, and Ownership.
Games / Events Duties
- Assist the Corporate Office Director in the coordination of all game details, which includes but is not limited to ticket requests and distribution, guiding VIPs throughout arena, gift distribution, merchandise purchases, catering, and suite preparation, etc.
- Work closely with the Corporate Office Director to manage the ticket inventory spreadsheet. This includes but is not limited to: Magic and Solar Bears games, concerts and misc. events.
- Responsible for supervising the part-time Corporate Office Guides supporting Ownership and CEO at games, concerts, and other events, as needed.
- Partner with the Fan Experience team to ensure part-time staffing needs for ownership at games and other events where ownership is attending are fulfilled.
- Partner with Levy Restaurants on catering for the CEO and Ownership suites, as well as advising the suite attendants and elevator operator on processes and procedures.
- Assist the Corporate Office Director in the planning and execution of events for Magic leadership and Ownership, such as seasonal VIP gifts, special occasion celebrations, holiday festivities, and holiday gifts and cards distribution.
- Assist as requested in the planning of corporate events such as the Orlando Magic Opening Night Reception, Annual Team Dinner, NBA All-Star Weekend, and special game events.
- Provide tours of the Amway Center. Must maintain current and accurate information as it relates to the Amway Center, Orlando Magic, and its sponsors to be shared during the tours.
- Communicate all Orlando Magic event details on a regular basis to Chairman’s Executive Assistant, VP of Shareholder Services and any other applicable leader.
- Assist in the coordination, processing and tracking of Amway purchase orders for the Ownership suites.
- All other duties as assigned.
What The Corporate Office Assistant Needs To Have
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) + years in an administrative, office, or event planning role required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other related computer skills required.
- Three (3)+ years hospitality experience serving and hosting VIPs and C-level executives preferred.
- Concierge experience strongly preferred.
- Must always represent the Orlando Magic and Ownership group in a professional and appropriate manner, at work and outside of work.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in order to efficiently manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to utilize analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Proven ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Availability to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Staff tickets to Orlando Magic home games
- 18 days of personal time off per year + 12 holidays (that is 30 paid days off year!)
- Fantastic benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company matching
- Subsidized RDV Sportsplex membership
- Company sponsored events & outings
- Reduced summer work hours
- Culture built on Community, Innovation, Legendary and Teamwork!
- Position will be required to stand and be on feet for prolonged periods of time during event shifts.
- Occasional lifting of heavier objects up to 25 lbs +. necessary when setting up for events.
Please note that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
The Orlando Magic are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the Orlando Magic via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Orlando Magic HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of the Orlando Magic. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Orlando Magic as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Orlando Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Company: Orlando Magic NBA Team
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org