This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Orica in Anchorage, AK
About the job
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role – Plant Operator (Salcha, AK)
Plant Operator will operate Emulsion Plant as well as supports the efficient and effective operations in the magazine area to dispatch and receive finished products, detonators, tubing, and raw materials in accordance with the national code for the transport of explosives by road and rail and established SH&E and Quality standards
What you will be doing
- Ensures that the Distribution Safety schedule is met, and adequate feedback is provided to Distribution Operators.
- Manages machinery and equipment breakdowns to minimize business interruption
- Ensures communication of post goods issue progress.
- Liaises with site Distribution to ensure documentation flows in a timely manner to meet scheduled requirements.
- Manages explosives limits within the magazines as required by the Explosives Regulations
- Ensures accuracy of operation of the magazine inventory
- Ensures cost effective and timely delivery of product.
- Establish cost effective working relationships with distribution contractors.
- Delivers agreed level of service.
- Ensure magazines and inventories are compliant with regulatory requirements.
What you will bring
- Up to 2 years’ experience in plant operation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
How You Shape And Influence Others
- Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-aware and open to feedback
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Productive without compromising quality
- Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- Hourly Rate Range $22-24
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical/Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Employee/Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Accident Plans
- Voluntary Identity Theft Protection
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Two Floating Holidays
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Anchorage, AK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com