This Job listing is about HigherRing in Eugene, OR 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
At HigherRing, our mission is to be a catalyst for a more sustainable world by hiring savvy onshore workers to power growing businesses. We represent clients mainly in the purpose-driven space and are proud to be a certified B Corp. Our team works hard every day and uses all of our intellectual capital to make our client businesses successful because we know that our efforts are magnified by the work they do to make the world a better place.
We are opening this position and hosting informational interviews to build a network of candidates for upcoming work in this area.
The Tier 2 Operations Specialist is responsible for working with multiple clients on a fractional basis (x-hours with one client, x-hours with another).
The Specialist ensures orders from all sales platforms flow seamlessly and tracks inventory while flagging discrepancies. They work directly with warehouses, carriers, copackers, and other third-party operations partners in their client’s network.
They utilize their own experience, plus HigherRing’s internal crowdsourced operations knowledge, to help their clients improve their supply chain processes & tools. The specialist will produce system reports to optimize sales and operations processes and identify issues and challenges.
Each client will have different needs; however, these are some potential tasks that may be asked of you.
- Work with customer support personnel in inquiring about, troubleshooting, maintaining, or stopping orders with warehouse personnel
- Work to support sales teams – familiarity with a CRM like Pipedrive, Hubspot, and Salesforce is a plus
- Input & allocate all new sale orders from various sales channels, including platforms like Faire and Mable, inside and outside sales personnel, distributors, and other channel partners into tools like Shopify, WooCommerce, Netsuite, Dear Systems, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve order flow issues between order systems and warehouse systems. Familiarity with ShipStation is a plus.
- Track SLA adherence and shipping deadlines and communicate daily with warehouse personnel
- Monitor inbound & outbound shipments – may perform some shipping logistics tasks like arranging for trailers and working possibly to arrange Amazon FBA shipments
- Track inventory levels and perform basic discrepancy investigation
- Request cycle counts from warehouse to update specific items
- Participate in yearly inventory
- Track out-of-stock items and their restock ETAs
- Work with procurement and inventory planning personnel to ensure adequate inventory to meet demand for various sales channels
Processes & Tool Management
- Maintain sales channel and content on web portals like Faire, Mable, and Amazon with updated and accurate operational info (suppliers, UPC codes, lot codes, images, descriptions, etc.)
- Use data to inform business partners, track & improve:
- product quality
- fulfillment performance
- customer experience
- return rates
- ship methods and delivery success
- Create and maintain centralized resource of known issues and operational SOPs
Qualifications and Requirements:
You are impressively organized, and are able to transition between working with one client to the next easily because you keep detailed notes and records.
You’re an excellent communicator and aren’t afraid to speak up when you’re unclear on something. You strive for 100% accuracy, yet know that you’re in a safe environment where your team will have your back when mistakes happen.
You approach your work with a posture of curiosity and are eager to learn about the unique ins and outs of operations through the lens of many different industries.
You’re excellent at prioritizing your own projects & tasks, using organization tools to manage and track your work clearly, and you enjoy helping the rest of your team manage company-wide projects.
- 1-2 years working with an e-commerce business
- Familiarity with:
- the lifecycle of an order from placement to fulfillment, to shipment, to delivery, and returns
- troubleshooting order placement & order flow issues
- troubleshooting shipping & delivery issues
- Exceptional multitasking and time-management skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English; second language is a plus
- Quiet, distraction-free workspace in your home that includes a door that closes
- Direct connection from computer to router/modem via Ethernet cable (no satellite or wireless Internet (WiFi))
- Strong and consistent Internet bandwidth: 50 Mbps download speed or faster and 5 Mbps upload from a reliable provider
- We require a hard-wired Ethernet connection between the computer and router for employees who handle sensitive client data, credit card information, banking information, or sensitive details (information that is not public). Private Wi-Fi connections that require a strong password and cell phone hot spots may be allowed for certain roles depending on the client work with advance approval.
HigherRing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Further, we are looking for people who want to use their power for good, and we advocate as a business for pro-social/inclusive policies with elected officials and to bring awareness to our team. We believe in a woman’s right to choose, that everyone deserves to be able to easily vote, that guns should be regulated with at least the same laws applicable to car ownership (licensing and insurance), that we should be vaccinated and wear masks during a pandemic, that white supremacy is a past and growing problem, that humans are responsible for climate change and that it presents a clear and present danger to life on this earth. If those concepts don’t align with your worldview, we may not be the employer for you.
Our Benefits Package Includes The Following:
- Employee (not contractor) status at an exciting, socially-minded company
- Paid training
- Option to participate in medical, dental, and vision insurance programs (we cover 75+% of the basic plan premium)
- 401(k) plan with a 2% match contribution
- Paid vacation after your first year
- Paid sick leave
- A financial wellness and coaching program – 0% loans to help pay down debt
- Opportunity for everyone to be an owner in the company. Our Employee Stock Incentive Plan is offered to all employees.
- An opportunity to work from home, reducing your carbon footprint, commute time and expense, and wardrobe and food costs!
- Opportunities for growth and advancement – our entire management team started on the phones!
- A fast-paced work environment where employee input is valued, and where mutual respect and camaraderie are a significant part of our culture.
Currently, we are able to hire in the following 31 states. Please only apply if you live in and would be working from one of these states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEPS?
Visit our Careers page at
Please be sure to (1) fully answer all the application questions, (2) add your resume, and (3) include a cover letter! (We cannot consider your application without all three submissions.)
Powered by JazzHR