Website State of Maryland
This Job listing is about State of Maryland in Centreville, MD 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
“Together, we are building a stronger Maryland.”
- Governor Wes Moore
Do you want to join a dynamic, innovative team? Join one of the State of Maryland’s largest agencies, the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS)! When you work at DPSCS, it’s an opportunity to support and impact our large workforce, help ensure the public safety of Maryland’s residents and change the lives of returning citizens.
Visit our website to learn more about the work we do https://dpscs.maryland.gov/
This is a CONTRACTUAL position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore – 6776 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore MD 21215
The Main Purpose Of This Position Is To
- Remove information from public inspection in accordance with the Criminal Procedure Article
- 10 – 101 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
- Shall make a reasonable search for the record requested for expungement.
- Shall flag and delete the Ident/Index system of all charges pertaining to the court order.
- Shall send notification upon completion of the expungement to the Petitioner, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the District and Circuit Courts, and the Originating Arresting Agency.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience performing clerical duties.
- Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours of education at an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 410- 484-5928 . Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,please email the requested information to [email protected] referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410- 484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at [email protected] or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.