Are you looking for a Job at Octopus in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
We’re looking for a brilliant Design Director to lead our design team at Octopus Group. You’ll come from an integrated background, able to oversee and offer guidance on designing everything from the minute kerning in an advert, long-form editorial layouts, to end-to-end brand development, illustration, websites and motion.
This is an exciting opportunity to help continue to shape the output of our agency. You’re someone who doesn’t settle for “good enough”, and has the skills and passion to tell us why our design work can be better. We’re all ears.
- Working closely with our Creative Director, you’ll ensure our studio output is crafted to the highest standard, and remain true to the creative idea; whether you’re reviewing a campaign landing page, social advert or an email header – you’ll be all over it.
- While you’ll be taking the lead on various projects, a large proportion of your time will be focussed on daily catch-ups and design reviews with your team and creative director, offering guidance to freelancers, jumping on calls with clients and client teams, and managing expectations.
- You’ll take a proactive approach to influence design-led thinking and processes across the agency to encourage and enable us to do our best work, including evangelising the value of design craft to our teams, and to our clients.
- Working with client teams and designers to review design feedback, and propose approaches and solutions to client problems; ensure design briefs are clear and understood.
- Overseeing the design output of our studio production work, from editorial layouts, websites, infographics and illustration, to social cards and high-fidelity video storyboards.
- Supporting our Creative Director, designers and client teams with design concepts for pitches and proposals.
- Working with our Studio Manager, you’ll scope projects for timing and costs, manage productivity, and continuously improve production efficiencies.
- Collaborating with our Creative Director, Sales & Marketing team and HR to manage and evolve the Octopus Group brand through various activities.
- At least five year’s experience in a senior designer role
- Previous experience in an agency environment is essential
- An intimate understanding of layout, design principles, typography and branding
- A keen attention to detail – you’re as much a kerning pedant as you are the one who spots a pixel out of place.
- A keen eye on trends – you’re able to push and idea and bring it to life while staying true to core brand principles.
- Passionate about mentorship; you know how to get the best out of a design team and to continue to help them skill up.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills; the ability to manage designers and client team expectations across multiple projects; able to rationalise and articulate designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise in Adobe CC, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, After Effects.
- Excellent understanding of digital design best practice
- Proven understanding of the value of motion in brand and website design
- A portfolio demonstrating a high level of design craft.
This role reports to our Creative Director.
Hybrid – London & remote – we get together in our Chancery lane office a couple of days a week, and work the rest wherever is best for us.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org