Website NYU Langone Health
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about NYU Langone Health in New York, NY
About the job
Job ID: 1092473_RR00059631
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data Associate.
The Research Data Associate is responsible for providing direct data and/or clinical research in support of clinical trials, studies and general research under direct supervision. Works with School of Medicine and Medical Center staff and departments, including Directors, Managers, Clinical Information Systems, Research Nursing and Regulatory Services. May also interface with patients and their families.
- Interacts with patient/subject and families in a courteous and professional manner. Collaborates with various personnel that may be involved in assisting with specific aspects in the study.
- Gathers, Properly Packages, Stores and Transfers Slides, Samples and Other Important Materials. Coordinates the shipment and transfer of varied types of materials among the various departments and labs.
- May complete assessments on study subjects/patients per protocol (with proper training); continue to follow-through with items and patients as part of research study. May (if proper training has occurred) draw patients/subjects blood, perform EKG, and or take vital signs. May be required to travel to study initiation (that is, where sponsor teaches protocol to PI and CRC).
- Ensures protocol compliance. Follows standard steps regarding eligibility criteria, follow-up process and documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures of the host institution where the study is being conducted, including the regulatory requirements such as IRB and other approvals if necessary.
- Acts as an internal auditor during quarterly internal audits for other studies, is aware of study regulatory status and keeps an up to date copy of regulatory documents.
- Initiates and continues regular contact with patients; encourages visit reminders and compliance to research; ensures contact with patients and their families is courteous, effective, professional and cooperative.
- Utilizes established methodologies to collect patient information for the research project(s); gathers and compiles data, statistics and other materials as needed. Inputs clinical and non-clinical data into the database and or case report forms. Extracts data for publications, or provides data collection from outside physicians offices. May perform library searches and retrieve reference materials from various sources; request articles from medical journals.
- Compiles data and assists in consolidating and analyzing data for presentation to sponsoring and regulatory agencies. Reviews data with supervisor and then provides reports to all parties (e.g., data and safety monitoring committee, the principal investigator, sponsoring agency, etc.) on the progress of the study.
- Recruits and the screens of potential patients/subjects for eligibility to the study.
To qualify you must have a Associate’s degree plus one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer literate with good interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in science, public health, health education or a related field. Prior experience in a health care settings and/or research level interviews. Prior patient education experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccpegs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Company: NYU Langone Health
Vacancy Type: $38,000/yr – $62,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org