Are you looking for a Job at Nexsan in Reading, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Job Title: – Electronic Design Engineer
- Working as part of a small team, in rural Berkshire, you will be responsible for both designing new products and supporting the production of existing systems.
- Our systems are designed to be both highly reliable and to have high availability. One day you will be working with multi-gigahertz serial protocols and high-speed memory interfaces, the next you could be looking at a dc-dc power supply. Your work will cover design for manufacture, signal integrity, and EMI.
- We’re looking for a junior engineer who’s keen to learn and grow with us.
- This role will be a mixture of home and office working. Candidates should expect to travel to the office frequently as a large amount of the work will be lab-based.
- Schematic capture. Design digital electronic circuits using a combination of Application Specific ICs and Programmable Logic Devices interconnected by high-speed differential links at speeds up to 12Gbps.
- Work with our sub-contract PCB & S.I. specialists to ensure your designs are laid out correctly.
- Create manufacturing JTAG test scripts.
- Participate in architectural designs for electronics and electro-mechanical products, including hardware/software partitioning.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers to integrate your design with the metalwork.
- Work with Software Engineers to develop software to drive the hardware.
- Carry out PCB bring up, debugging, and engineering verification tests in a laboratory environment.
- Manage prototype manufacture, manufacturing test, approvals testing, etc in conjunction with our sub-contract manufacturers and test houses.
- Undertake manufacturing support and liaison activities.
- Support manufacturing and customers’ technical issues on legacy and future products.
Skills and Competencies:-
- Digital & analogue electronic circuit design.
- Schematic capture using Cadence, Mentor, or KiCAD.
- An understanding of modern CPU/MCU based hardware.
- An understanding of the needs for Signal Integrity analysis, design for manufacture, EMI, and approvals testing.
- Availability for occasional national and international travel. (Full UK driving licence and passport.)
- Writing VHDL code for Programmable Logic e.g. CPLD and FPGA.
- Writing software in ‘C’ and debugging on an embedded processor.
- Experience with the following interfaces: PCIe, DDR, SAS, FC, iSCSI, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, JTAG.
- Designing DC-DC switching regulators and other analogue circuitry e.g. filters.
- Experience in designing with Li-ion battery systems.
Qualifications & experience:-
B.Eng / B.Sc (Hons) Electronic Engineering or similar
At least one year’s experience in a design or manufacturing environment.
- Founded in 1999 Nexsan is a subsidiary of the Storcentric group. We design and manufacture industrial computer storage arrays. We have UK offices in Derby and Berkshire as well as offices in the USA and Canada.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A