Website Newburyport Bank
This listing is about Newburyport Bank in Amesbury, MA
About the job
Newburyport Bank is a premier community bank in the Greater Seacoast looking to expand our team. If you are seeking an organization who treats customers, employees, and community members with respect, fairness, and an unwavering commitment to professional growth and development, apply now.
We are hiring a Consumer Loan Specialist who is responsible for managing assigned consumer loan applications from origination to closing. The specialist must be able to efficiently process applications ensuring adherence to internal and regulatory standards.
- Gathers required application documentation as conditions warranted. Works closely with applicants to ensure required application documents are received and that loan conditions are being met timely and accurately and ensures service level standards are met.
- Reviews loan agreements and disclosures for compliance, completeness, and accuracy in preparation for delivery to applicant for signing.
- Originates, processes, and closes consumer loan applications received via website, by branch, in person, by phone or email in a timely manner. This may include meeting customers at offsite locations such as convenient branch or business location.
- Manages and organizes application pipeline to ensure timely processing and communication to customers.
- Reviews, verifies, and updates the system record, regarding status of required application and loan documents.
- Generates and reviews loan documents for accuracy and adherence with all internal and regulatory standards. Transmits appropriate loan documents for borrower review and signature, as applicable.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- Works with underwriting staff to continually develop product knowledge and underwriting skills.
- As skills and experience increase, this position obtains a lending line equal to the conforming loan limit and reviews loan requests.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of consumer loan origination system MeridianLink
- Assists in creating and maintaining consumer lending policies and procedures.
- Aid in internal and external training of consumer lending products and services.
- Stays current with regulatory changes and implements necessary changes to loan origination system as they relate to processing workflow.
- Performs scheduled communications to applicants in a courteous and professional manner to ensure timely notification of application status and/or outstanding documents.
- Provides consistently high-quality level of service to customers throughout the application process.
- Communicates and explains to customers qualifying loan products and services, pricing policies, pertinent disclosures, and schedules closings with customers and/or retail banking staff.
Company: Newburyport Bank
Job Location: Amesbury, MA
Application Deadline: N/A