Website New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs in Rochester, NY
About the job
Duties Description The Internal Investigator 1 Justice Center will perform the following duties:
- Perform pre-adjudication investigations and assist other investigators. Trace, interview, and subpoena witnesses, victims, and suspects in civil cases; obtain statements, documents and related evidence for use in court.
- Conduct investigations of a wide variety of civil complaints, including such areas as: allegations of abuse and/or neglect, financial and death investigations.
- Examine court, public and governmental records needed for investigation; in the preparation of evidence for trial by taking photographs, preparing diagrams, charts, etc.
- Assist in the investigation of criminal offenses.
- Write narrative reports to effectively communicate the results of investigations to appropriate parties.
- Coordinate the appearance of witnesses at adjudication proceedings and explain procedures to them.
- Testify in adjudication proceedings concerning evidence gathered in investigations.
- Serve as a liaison and coordinate investigative activities with investigators and law enforcement officers from various agencies.
- Serve civil process documents; make recommendations regarding case disposition.
- Operate computers, photographic and recording equipment, and other related investigative equipment and resources.
- Respond to incident scenes to collect evidence and interviews witnesses, victims or subjects.
Minimum Qualifications Six years of law enforcement investigative or field investigative* experience.
Substitution: An Associate’s degree may be substituted for two years of law enforcement or field investigative experience;
OR a Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for four years of law enforcement or field investigative experience.
- Investigative experience is defined as independent investigative experience and includes the following activities: interviewing and interrogating witnesses; collecting and analyzing data and evidence; writing and summarizing case narratives; and testifying at administrative hearings and criminal proceedings.
Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License.
Non-qualifying experience includes: Routine police patrol work, traffic enforcement, building surveillance, tax collection, collection of delinquent accounts, skip tracing, credit checking, auditing, employment interviewing, hotel or store detective, correction officer, guard, inspector or security related positions, or any other position which does not involve the level of law enforcement investigative or field investigation described above. Positions that do not have the law enforcement or field experience described above WILL NOT be considered qualifying experience.
Experience in the direct provision of services which may include the care, review, investigation, assessment, treatment, or case planning for person(s) in facilities or programs covered by the Protection of People with Special Needs Act of 2012, which includes facilities or providers providing care to vulnerable persons within the State Oversight Agencies (SOA). The SOA agencies include the NYS Office of Mental Health, NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, NYS Office of Children and Family Services, NYS Department of Health, and NYS Education Department.
Company: New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Application Deadline: N/A