Website Nebraska Medicine
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, NE
About the job
Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 – 30 minutes to complete this.
First Shift (United States of America)
Clinical Documentation Sr Analyst
Clinical Documentation Sr Analyst
Once training is complete, this position can work from home. You will be required to be on campus 4-5 times a month for a few hours at a time.
This role is 40 hours a week; 8 hour days, 5 days a week. Days and start times are flexible.
Why Nebraska Medicine
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we’re here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American’s top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Support the principles of compliant documentation integrity through extensive record review. Concurrently interact with clinicians, health information management (HIM) professionals, and nursing staff to facilitate the complete and specific documentation necessary for appropriate coding, core measures, and accurate representation of the severity of illness of the patient.
- Two years experience at the bedside in an inpatient acute care setting and/or recent work experience as clinical documentation Improvement Specialist required OR Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA) credential; Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credential; or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential with at least 3 years of coding and/or clinical documentation improvement work.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
- Successful use of critical thinking, problem solving, and deductive reasoning skills required.
- Successful completion of specialized training in advanced computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook email and the use of an electronic medical record required.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse stakeholders to meet varied needs in a complex academic healthcare organization required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Prior experience at the bedside in an inpatient acute care setting preferred.
- Prior experience in quality, utilization review, case management, coding, or related field preferred.
- Team leadership experience preferred.
- Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
- Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Certification preferred.
- Understanding of coding guidelines and conventions preferred.
- Understanding of Medicare Part A and Part B programs and the relationship to diagnosis related group (DRG) alignment preferred.
- Experience with typical office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copier, laser printer, AV equipment, scanners, and organization and department specific software) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification preferred.
- Exception details:
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 3 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and protected veterans’ status.
Company: Nebraska Medicine
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Omaha, NE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org