Website National Grid
Are you looking for a Job at National Grid in Warwick, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
National Grid touches the lives of almost everyone in the UK, with an energy network that stretches across the Atlantic. We’re an international team, and our work underpins the lives of millions of people. Feet forwards, head up, and eyes bright, we’re working hard to create value for people today – and shape the future of energy tomorrow.
In the UK, we don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
Your role will involve the end-to-end operational ownership and management of a UK business application services portfolio focused on stability, asset health, cost and risk management. You will manage the application support and maintenance services provided by our internal support teams and external vendors, to deliver exceptional application service availability and product support.
You will be accountable for making sure that National Grid’s business processes are followed, and the protection of IT services is governed. You will act as a point of escalation for delivery teams, ensuring incoming services and service changes are robust. You will communicate the benefits and performance of your services, and ultimately be responsible for their successful operation and continuous improvement.
About The Role
- Cradle to grave ownership of the IT services within your portfolio.
- Support in-flight project enhancements and other changes by providing operational support leads with direction, guidance and prioritisation.
- Work closely with internal teams and external vendors to drive performance and value from the services provided.
- Work with Service Management Centre teams to identify and resolve service issues and support the resolution of problems in dependent services during project phase and where required post-handover to BAU.
- Manage Service Leads, Service Analysts and Technical SMEs (where applicable), set direction and priorities.
- Own service wrap, including performance, maintenance, continuity and improvement delivery of portfolio applications.
- Lead the DevOps resource management pipeline.
- Develop the priority sequence of all service and product deliveries involving ESO business applications.
- Responsible for product implementation planning and execution.
- Provide asset health input to programme boards.
- Act as governing governor for service transition readiness approval.
- Ensure risks to and from products including (but not limited to) technical, design, supplier, commercial, security, asset health and operational risks are being managed. Make effective risk management decisions and drive appropriate mitigations.
- Work closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies
- Ensure you adhere to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Drive year on year cost reductions including presenting business cases on new initiatives.
- Ensure effective support of current applications using a range of internal resources and external suppliers in support of National Grid’s requirements.
- Manage the operational relationship and performance of IT suppliers and service providers, to ensure contractual agreements are met.
- Direct an efficient and effective service to allow seamless integration of the new and changed products into production.
- Knowledge of the business, IT mission and objectives, together with detailed understanding of the AM services provided to the business through service management.
- Experience of managing ‘IT as a Service’ with deep understanding of ITSM Framework.
- A good track record of working in matrix organization and interfacing with internal service providers in delivering services to the business.
- A good track record of interfacing with direct and 3rd party suppliers delivering services.
- A good knowledge of in-scope applications technologies as well as the business processes.
- Able to influence and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to manage dependencies, risks, costs, stability across the portfolio.
- Ability to influence, manage and lead negotiations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Can demonstrate relationship management, problem solving, application support and customer service skills.
- Technical experience in dealing with a broad range of products and technologies.
- Understands company’s policies, management structures and reporting procedures for all aspects of the application support and management services.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in all interactions with ESO Technology and Global IT colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Experience of managing OPEX and delivering year on year reductions.
A competitive salary between £55,000 – 65,000 – dependent on capability. As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus of up to 15% of your salary for stretch performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
Company: National Grid
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Warwick, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com