Website National Grid ESO
Are you looking for a Job at National Grid ESO in Wokingham, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
The Electricity System Operator (ESO) ensures that Great Britain’s electricity is transported safely and efficiently from where it is produced to where it is consumed, balancing supply and demand in real time, and planning the future system over decades. We don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, the electricity system we manage puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
As a separate company within the National Grid Group, we work with our customers and stakeholders to shape the future of the electricity system, driving towards net-zero carbon emissions and getting the best outcomes for consumers.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition and the changes happening in Great Britain’s electricity system make it one of the most advanced in the world. Working at National Grid ESO, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in GB – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
Our Values and Principles
At National Grid ESO, through listening to what our customers need, every day we do the right thing and find a better way.
As a National Grid ESO employee, you’ll treat our customers as a priority, taking time to listen and work with them to help give them the best experience we possibly can. You’ll need to be proactive and flexible in your approach and continually look for ways to exceed their expectations – sometimes in unexpected and helpful ways. You’ll provide accessible information when our customers need it and make things simple by using your expertise to guide them. Above all, you’ll follow through on your promises to deliver value, drive efficiency and give them a great customer experience.
We offer inclusion and diversity training for everyone here at National Grid ESO, with a view to building an inclusive working environment and developing all our employees. Training opportunities range from unconscious bias and reverse mentoring to targeted training initiatives which are tailored to support our diverse and innovative work force.
About The Role
The SCADA Engineer (Database and Displays) will be responsible for maintaining the database data and displays – including data analysis, testing, drawing displays and implementation of changes. The database and displays are used by in the Electricity National Control Centre (ENCC) and are critical to the safe, secure and economic operation of the electricity transmission system.
- Process Display Change Requests ensuring all changes are consistent with the requirements as detailed in the Display Build Guidelines.
- Undertake testing of Display Changes to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Display Build Guidelines.
- Process Database changes, as requested, ensuring all changes are consistent with the requirements.
- Test Database changes, as agreed, to ensure they are consistent with outstation database files.
- Where agreed, update the Database Production systems with approved changes as identified via the Database and Display Change Management procedure.
- Perform quality control checks on displays and database changes.
- Represent Database and Displays team in external meetings.
- Attention to detail and flexible and responsive to change.
- Proven experience with bespoke applications with graphical interface tools is highly desirable.
- Understanding of IEC Protocol – 101/104 & ICCP.
- Good understanding of systems and data, able to develop solutions to a variety of data processing challenges.
- Good understanding of database structures.
- Basic Linux skills.
- Team player.
- Ideally an HNC in Engineering or higher. Other qualifications together with relevant experience are also acceptable.
- Understanding of power system operation would be beneficial.
A membership of an appropriate engineering Institution would be well regarded, but not essential.
What You’ll Get
A competitive salary between £38,000 – £47,000 dependent on experience.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus dependent on company and personal performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, a salary sacrifice technology scheme, support via the employee assistance line and matched charity giving to name a few.
This role is based in Wokingham, Berkshire. We can accept applications from full time and part time applicants. We are recruiting for 4 SCADA Engineers in Database & Displays (so now is a great time to apply)!
Advert Close Date
This role closes on Sunday 1st May 2022 at 11.59 pm, however we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not wait until the published closing date as this can vary.
Interviews will take place in late April and early May, as we are recruiting 4 roles, we can interview some candidates earlier and some candidates later, depending on your personal situation.
Company: National Grid ESO
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Wokingham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com