Website Moneysupermarket Group
Are you looking for a Job at Moneysupermarket Group in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Why Join the MoneySupermarket Product Team?
At MoneySupermarket Group we pride ourselves on serving a powerful and important purpose: Helping Households Save Money.
We are the UK’s largest digital comparison company, offering customers 60 different products from over 700 providers. We operate via a vertical product model underpinned by our well known and trusted brands: MoneySupermarket, MoneySavingExpert, Quidco and Decision Tech.
We have our product and engineering teams in both London and state-of-the-art offices in Spinningfields, Manchester purpose-built to facilitate collaborative, agile working for our squads and deliver best-in-class digital experiences for our consumers. This is an opportunity to join a technology organisation that aspires to be the best place to build your digital career in the UK and will nurture you both as a person and professionally.
What’s good for our users and customers is good for our company and we are proud that in 2018 we generated more than £2B worth of savings for British households. The company was listed on the stock market in 2007 and we are an established member of the FTSE 250 index.
Most importantly, you will be part of an environment that will nurture you as a person and as a professional; we aspire to be the best place to build your digital career in the UK.
Why Our Role?
The Product organisation at Moneysupermarket Group comprises ~70 professionals across a number of Product-related disciplines, with a mandate to deliver financial results through experience optimisation and our strategic market growth agenda. A simple, yet rigorous, Product planning process is required to ensure a balanced and timely approach to resource allocation and the seamless delivery of Product objectives, in close orchestration with partner teams including Commercial, Technology, Data and Customer.
We leverage our data assets, breadth of panel and provider relationships to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and goals, to deliver “the right experience to the right customer at the right time in the right channel,” so that they are empowered, informed, and are clear about the many ways that we can help them save money.
The Head of Product is a senior leadership role with accountability for a suite of Products, initiatives and technologies that are designed to encourage customers to return more frequently, repurchase and engage with more of our channels, products and services.
You will lead a team of highly motivated Product professionals with the goal of maximising customer value on and off site (the full end-to-end customer experience) and your Product Managers will lead multi-disciplined teams of usability designers, analysts, data scientists and engineers.
You will champion and coach teams in lean iterative development cycles so that we can quickly learn from customer feedback and pivot. You will thirst for feedback from end users and collaborate across team functions within a the group to achieve the best result. You have an eye for both aesthetically pleasing designs and you are able to leverage web analytics data to continually understand and solve problems for our customers.
Your products will be built so that they can be utilised by other MoneySuperMarket product teams and third parties.
How we work
We operate a LEAN product process, solving complex user and business problems; utilising data through hypothesis driven learnings to make optimal and critical decisions that deliver true customer and business value. We are outcome focussed, where success is measured by delivering value to our customers and the business over just delivering stuff.
We A/B test everything we put out, and we validate our hypothesis through riskiest assumption testing, and iteration; as we look to innovate towards the next generation of price comparison products across the entire value chain. We have lots of ideas already, but we are looking for the right person to ideate further and deliver value to help drive us forward.
We offer you the chance to join an empowering, product driven business with the environment to succeed. You will be given both the freedom and accountability to own the shape and direction of your product.
We Stick To Our Product Principles
- Think BIG test SMALL
- Test FAST and LEARN quick
- INSIGHT driven decision making
- First principle problem solving
- Problems, not solutions (from stakeholders / to developers)
- A truly collaborative, honest, and transparent process
What will you be doing?
Understand the market, consumer trends and relevant product innovation across industry to drive innovative product solutions for consumer problems. You will apply your knowledge day to day in decision making to cement MSMG as a leader in product and data driven personalisation, engagement.
- Work closely with the Product Director, provide thought leadership and define strategic direction and compelling product initiatives for your Product area
- Develop, own, and iterate the overarching roadmap for the products and platform that will power the personalised customer experiences of the future both on and off site driving clear uplift in your Product area.
- Build a product measurement suite that understands the leading/predictive measurements of product success in increasing your Product area on site and off site.
- Drive delivery for the overall MSMG strategy within your own product area of accountability. You will be accountable for delivering a significant part of the MSMG strategy at pace.
- Own and develop a compelling customer contact strategy for the suite of products that will be executed as a holistic experience on and off site regardless of touch points
- Work with the Product Director to optimise the collection of customer profile data and in-vertical product prompts and correspondence.
- Launch cross-channel personalisation capabilities for customers and prospects across authenticated and unauthenticated digital channels on and off site.
- Drive value from our new customer relationship and communication technology (Braze) and ensure a seamless customer experience leveraging next best action products, personalised content and next best message.
- Own the KPIs and metrics that matter for your product area, working closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure success and value of the suite of products can be measured.
- Using product management disciplines to mastermind a platform approach to deliver customer lifetime value across multiple brands realising product and technology economies, working to support the MarTech team in maximising standardisation, automation and efficiency.
- Evangelise with authority about data and ML-driven personalisation and optimising for customer lifetime value with stakeholders, explaining the requirement for an automated communications product that promotes, timely and relevant communications.
- Create dynamic/predictive customer profiles working with the data science team to architect and implement the Customer Lifetime Value model using internal data sources, behavioural insight and 3rd party data sources / integrations to build a complete picture of a customer to drive advanced personalisation and maximise product CLTV
- Leadership and people management; providing coaching, mentoring and on the job support for Product Managers plus leadership and inspiration for the wider product community
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidence of having built high-performing teams through effective coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrable success and experience in a product leadership role in a comparable digital technology/ecommerce environment
- A track record of delivering innovative products
- Experience of making critical decisions and prioritisation calls based on data, insight, ROI and business context
- A masterful written and verbal communicator, with exceptional abilities to engage and navigate stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving that corrects and improves the product, likely to have worked closely with data teams to make clear decisions, backed by evidence
- Design sensibility, a deep understanding of the evolving design disciplines landscape and how to use design-thinking as a lever to create competitive edge
- Commercial understanding and evidence of delivering to, and measuring their own performance against a business case
- Experience of working with third parties and partnerships
You can find out more about our technology teams here.
Finally, all of our benefits can be found on our Careers website here.
We’re an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We’re a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you’re passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you’re likely to have a lot of questions. If you’d like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we’ll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Tom, at [email protected].
Company: Moneysupermarket Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org