Website Moneysupermarket Group
Are you looking for a Job at Moneysupermarket Group in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills while Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer – and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, this role at MSE might just be the opportunity you are looking for.
Why Join the UX, UI and Creative Design Team?
Our team is responsible for delivering end-to-end experiences across all touchpoints and brands, including MoneySavingExpert and MoneySuperMarket. We do this by understanding user needs and goals and delivering the right experience at the right time, to provide millions of people with the tools and information to cut their bills and make the most of their money with Moneysupermarket Group.
Why Our Role?
Reporting to the Senior Product Designer, this role is accountable for designing web, app and email designs across devices which create smooth, accessible, journeys that enable our users to save money. Working closely with other designers, developers, editors and product managers you will be involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle from discovery through to delivery of end-to-end experiences for our users.
Our products are designed to encourage users to return more frequently, repurchase and engage with more of our channels, products and services. And to support that, our Product Designers are outstanding individual contributors, who are both creatively and technically accomplished. They are t-shaped in nature and can flex into all aspects of UX and Design, including an appreciation of user testing or research methods. They inherently understand digital design and how design systems can help create consistent end-to-end experiences for users. They are the people responsible for how the brand(s) are brought to life for our experiences and collectively ‘own’ the visual language for our brands.
What will you be doing?
- Produce high fidelity designs across multiple touchpoints, breakpoints and platforms – catering for all user states
- Define wireframes and user flows, create high-fidelity designs and prototypes, and conduct regular user testing and research
- Engage regularly with key stakeholders across product, tech and editorial to ensure projects fulfil user and business needs, and comfortable rationalise design decision making
- Demonstrate excellent practical design skills including layout, colour, typography and responsive design
- Advocate and champion, the importance of usability, accessibility, interaction design and making empathic user-centred design decisions
- Collaborate with the wider Design team to ensure consistency and excellence in the standards of output and visual identity across all brands via our design system
- Leverage all the qualities and skills involved in user centred design, recognising the value of continuous delivery and iteration to ensure we can learn fast and pivot
- Contribute to the design culture of the team through your passion for all things visual and a proactiveness to collaborate with your peers
- Have a strong understanding of graphical design and brand design principles to optimise Product Design output
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Currently in design role with strong experience as a Product, UX or UI Designer either agency side or client side
- Excellent practical design skills including layout, colour, typography & responsive design demonstrated through strong design portfolio
- Demonstrable experience of techniques and artifacts needed to communicate & deliver effectively – personas, journey maps, wireframes, flows, information architecture, UI designs, prototypes etc.
- Drawing/sketching skills for ‘scamping’ campaign ideas and mockups
- Ability to facilitate workshops, design sprints and other collaborative sessions
- Understanding & experience of working with pattern/component libraries contributing to a consistent design language
- Experience of using a range of design tools; Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Creative Cloud, Axure, UserZoom, Invision, Hotjar etc.
- Experience and knowledge designing for A/B and multivariate testing process
- Proven experience with Lean UX, Lean startup, Design Thinking, Kanban and dual track agile discovery & development processes
- Huge bias for action, willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done, no matter what the obstacles
- Strong analytical skills combined with creative problem solving to identify new product opportunities and where to fix user pain points
- Huge attention to detail and comfortable using data to make clear decisions, backed by evidence
- A natural collaborator, able to work fluidly with multiple stakeholders across technology, commercial and marketing and bring together their different viewpoints into a cohesive vision for the product.
- Persuasive speaking, presentation, and negotiation skills to influence colleagues.
- An instinctive problem-solver, who demonstrates high judgement and is endlessly curious.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and demonstrate resilience if priorities or focus change.
- Able to balance commercial priorities with progressing against a longer-term strategic vision.
- Experience breaking down UX and UI problems into smaller initiatives and feed via a development process through inception, elaboration, delivery test and to live.
- Track record of working in tight iterative delivery cycles with on site development delivery teams.
We’re an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We’re a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you’re passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you’re likely to have a lot of questions. If you’d like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we’ll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Tom, on [email protected].
Company: Moneysupermarket Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org