Are you looking for a Job at Microsoft in Vancouver, BC
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
What is Yammer?
Microsoft Yammer is the industry-defining social network for the enterprise. Millions of employees, including 85% of Fortune 500 companies use Yammer every day, to build community and culture, share knowledge, and connect with their leaders and each other.
Yammer was one of the first startup unicorns this past decade and was acquired by Microsoft in 2012. Today, this means we get the benefits of a startup – rapid innovation, cutting-edge technology, outsized individual impact – with the advantages of working for one of the most successful software companies in the world. We work together in small, cross-functional teams – engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists – to design, deliver and operate delightful end user experiences to our tens of millions of users spread across the world.
We’ve always been mission-driven; In this post-Covid world, Yammer has become even more indispensable than ever as employees have a deep need for connection and a sense of belonging. We’ve been growing rapidly and need your help to take Yammer to the next level.
You Will Have
- Autonomy and freedom to innovate
- Choice of the best of open source and Microsoft-internal technology
- The ability to experiment, A/B test, and make data-driven decisions
- Tons of opportunity for outsized impact as part of a small but mighty team on a rapidly-growing product needed now more than ever
At the same time, you also have the benefits of working at a top-tier tech company like Microsoft:
- Compensation, benefits, and perks
- Internal resources, technology, and opportunities for learning and growth
- Brand and networking
- Opportunity for massive scale as part of a suite with hundreds of millions of users
About This Job
As a social product, many Yammer features are built mobile-first. You’ll help make the Android app even more elegant, intuitive, and performant, and add compelling new capabilities as we rapidly expand to reach all of Microsoft 365 (hundreds of millions of users). We build, measure, learn, and iterate at a rapid clip while maintaining a high bar for quality.
You’ll be part of a passionate, high-performing, and diverse team ranging from industry veterans to rising stars, who love to learn from each other, as well as share knowledge with the extended Android community at Microsoft. We take pride in maintaining a fun, respectful, and inclusive work culture, as well as a great work-life balance.
Our Android Stack
- MVP/MVI architecture
- GraphQL and REST APIs
- JUnit and Espresso testing
- Collaborate with product, design, research, backend, and analytics teams, as well as other mobile teams across Microsoft to deliver delightful mobile experiences
- Run A/B experiments, gather data, learn and iterate
- Constantly improve the reliability, performance, security, and stability of the app
- Write Unit & UI tests, set up dashboards and alerting, uncover and fix bugs, crashes, and other issues, in order to ensure a robust app
- Perform code reviews and participate in technical design reviews
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- 1+ year(s) of experience developing Android apps
- Experience with the Android Framework, multi-threading and reactive programming
- Experience developing large-scale Android apps which are reliable, secure, and performant
- Understanding of Material Design and mobile UX/UI design patterns
- Familiarity with testing fundamentals, and experience building test suites
- Efficient, tenacious debugging skills using logs and metrics
- Empathy for users and good instincts towards understanding their needs
- Experience in the social networking space
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org