This listing is about Microsoft in Boise, ID
About the job
Microsoft Digital is responsible for building, managing, and securing the products, processes, and services that our company runs on. Microsoft Digital helps all Microsoft employees get their jobs done, by strategically managing and maintaining horizontal platforms such as SAP, Adobe, our business applications such as Dynamics 365, productivity, and collaboration experiences like Teams and SharePoint. As the first customer of our own products and services, Microsoft Digital’s charter is to influence and work with engineering teams across the company to build and grow the cloud products and services we deploy to enterprise customers at scale across the globe. The Customer Experience (CX) org within Microsoft Digital plays a critical role in the company’s digital transformation as we build and run the services to power and transform marketing, retail, commerce, industry solutions, and customer support & success for Microsoft.
Are you passionate about building world class, always available, scalable, highly responsive services? Do you want to work on building enterprise scale services with focus on customer experiences, Marketer & Seller productivity and help win customers and convert them into fans?
Microsoft’s Core Marketing Engineering team is responsible for the systems that support Microsoft’s end-to-end process of customer relationship management and marketing & sales and helping our customers succeed by using our Microsoft product & services. These systems span the gamut of modern platforms that empower Microsoft’s retail and commercial sales and marketing teams around the world to do their best work.
We are growing a strong, diverse team of engineers and have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions in collaboration with teammates.
- Design services with a strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and observability.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, observability, quality, testing, and production readiness of the services you build.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, accessible, reliable, reusable, compliant, diagnosable, and actively monitored
- Working within customer requirements in order to deliver key results accruing to overall business objectives
- 5+ years of industry experience in software design & development.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, OR an additional 4 years work experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping large-scale services with enterprise scale and/or modern high-scale web application experiences.
- Strong passion for delivering high quality, large scale services.
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging products, eventing technologies, pub/sub services
- Knowledge and experience with database systems (MySQL, Cosmos DB, Redis, HBase, Espresso, Cassandra).
- Experience configuring, integrating & implementing Marketing Cloud Solutions such as: Adobe’s Experience Manager, Marketo, SFMC.
- Strong problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
- Strong customer focus with ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams to ensure continued customer happiness
- Modern web application development experience a plus
- AI / Machine Learning, Data Analysis is a plus
This role is open to remote consideration within the US.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job Location: Boise, ID
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org