Are you looking for a Job at Metrolinx in Toronto, ON
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Employee Status: Regular
Bargaining Unit: Non-Union
Pay Range: $101,813 – $141,323
Location: 277 Front Street West
Closing Date: 18-May-2022
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Metrolinx’s Innovation and Information Technology group supports female team members via “Go Tech Women” an affinity group for women in Information Technology, led by our Chief Information Officer.
If you enjoy technology and innovation, value diversity, appreciate work/balance and are looking for an opportunity to make a better world via public service, Metrolinx would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Foundational Technology and Infrastructure, the Technical Solution Manager is responsible for performing Cisco Wireless LAN and Hybrid Network design-build and leading teams performing the same.
What will I be doing?
- Designs and builds WiFi LAN, roaming, mobile access, hybrid network and related infrastructure at scale (e.g. WiFi for corporate, guest, IoT access, and vehicle networking).
- Collaborate with I&IT teams such as Enterprise Architecture and Network Engineers to create and maintain the architecture and detailed designs (conceptual, logical, integration and physical).
- Provides hands-on implementation or supports domain subject matter experts in validating designs for deployment, creating build documentation and other transition-to-operations artifacts.
- Works with the Cybersecurity team and ensures security resilience is designed and built into the solutions.
- Assists stakeholders such as Solution Architects in designing solutions leveraging Wireless and Hybrid networks.
- Manages I&IT teams towards successful technical delivery, release, governance and validation of outcomes for assigned I&IT products.
- Provide technical leadership to virtual teams (greater than 15 resources) of vendor resources and internal technical experts responsible for delivering initiatives on assigned product roadmaps of the technologies.
- Collaborates with I&IT teams and stakeholders to perform system capacity, performance, availability, and health management to meet business needs.
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and progressive experience in solution delivery leadership positions deemed equivalent.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience contributing to the success of midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
- Leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal, and oral/written/presentation skills
- Proficiency in designing and implementing Cisco Wireless Technologies
- Hands on experience of Cisco wireless implementation including various authentications
- Experience with the following: Wireless technologies including 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax; RF profiling and spectrum analysis; Implementing and troubleshooting high-density Wireless LAN solutions; Performing wireless site survey; Provide long term wireless architecture roadmap; End-to-End security of networking including WPA, 802.1x, EAP-TLS, PKI, Cisco ISE etc.; Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, route redistribution and summarization, etc.; Switching – VLAN, trunk, STP, port aggregation, L2 extension etc; Scaling – QoS, multicasting, traffic segregation etc.
- Hybrid cloud networking experience is an asset
- Software-Defined networking experience such as ACI, SD-WAN and SD-Branch is an asset
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) wireless or higher is required
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
Metrolinx employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Metrolinx’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Metrolinx.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: N/A