Are you looking for a Job at MEI in Trowbridge, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
This is an excellent opportunity to join an outstanding national organisation playing a central role in improving education for the better. As a senior manager at MEI’s Trowbridge office your primary role will be to:
- Ensure the smooth running of MEI’s office and central support services (IT, facilities and HR);
- Influence, lead and manage operational and organisational improvement in support of MEI’s priorities;
- Ensure that MEI complies with regulatory/legal requirements and meets external quality standards in relation to quality management, environmental standards and health and safety; and
- Oversee and manage contracts and budgets relating to IT, facilities, goods and services and undertake other contract work.
Duties and responsibilities
Core responsibilities are listed below, but you will play a key leadership role and work with managers and senior leaders across MEI to ensure the smooth running of internal services and achieve effective operational improvement and change.
Central support services (‘Central Services’)
- Ensure the smooth, effective and efficient running of central services including HR, staff IT services and support, and facilities management in liaison with contractual partners where relevant.
- Manage the Central Services Team, supporting co-ordinators/business partners to undertake day-to-day work and to provide an excellent service for MEI staff, trustees and others (e.g. partners, associates) where applicable.
- Oversee the co-ordination of practical arrangements for governance/Board meetings, all-staff meetings/events and recruitment of new trustees.
- Ensure regular review of MEI’s policies/guidance published in the Staff Handbook and Intranet and help develop MEI’s Intranet and SharePoint environment to serve the needs of staff.
Operational and organisational improvement
- Contribute analysis and ideas to inform improvements to MEI’s operations functions and ways of working, translating these into concrete proposals where applicable.
- Occasionally lead developments in smaller areas planning and implementing practical projects to achieve improvement and business benefit.
- Support the planning and implementation of occasional organisational changes e.g. reorganisations, staff structure changes etc. working with the HR Business Partner.
Standards and compliance
- Serve as MEI’s Health and Safety Coordinator and Fire Officer, managing compliance with Health and Safety legislation and procedures including fire and evacuation, first aiders and incident reporting.
- Lead on annual quality management and environmental standards audit/accreditation (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001), liaising with MEI’s internal auditor group, providing leadership on quality management for SLT and others across MEI and updating the quality manual to reflect new policy/practice.
- Oversee the operation of MEI’s Safer Recruitment policy and procedure (DBS and employment checks) for employees, associates and key partners.
- Routinely monitor requirements set out in our main delivery contract(s) relating to safeguarding, IT/technical requirements and data protection in liaison with MEI’s Technical Manager and GDPR and Safeguarding Leads.
IT and office facilities
- Manage contractual relationships with MEI’s main IT service suppliers to ensure a high-quality service and value for money, in liaison with MEI’s Technical Manager.
- Support planning of occasional roll-outs of new software/IT systems, providing leadership and working with business leads and project/change managers as applicable to introduce and embed change successfully.
- Oversee the work of MEI’s IT and Facilities Support Co-ordinator in the monitoring and management of technical requests and changes, and facilities support.
- Take lead responsibility for key facilities contracts, including the office lease and relationship with the landlord.
Contracts, procurement and finance
- Work with colleagues to agree requirements and commission proposals for externally delivered IT services when due for renewal; review and negotiate contracts to ensure value for money.
- Plan, monitor and manage MEI’s IT and facilities budgets in liaison with MEI’s Technical Manager and Head of Finance/Finance Manager.
- Support Finance and AMSP operations teams to secure programme partner contracts (e.g. with university partners).
Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI) is an established national charity committed to improving lives through maths education. We want all young people to receive an excellent maths education and achieve well in the subject regardless of their background. MEI runs the government-funded Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP), a national programme in England to increase specialist teaching capacity and improve student progression into advanced (Level 3) maths study and STEM degrees. We are also a lead partner in the government-funded National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM), a national programme to transform mathematics teaching from early years to GCSE.
MEI is an enthusiastic and committed organisation and a great place to work. We have around 75 employees and over 100 associates many of whom are based around the country. MEI’s operations teams are based predominantly at its office in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. We work with a range of other partners to deliver our work through contracts and other relationships, including universities and Maths Hubs.
Equality and diversity
MEI is committed to promoting and ensuring equality and valuing diversity. We will not discriminate unlawfully in any aspect of employment and want MEI to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, especially from underrepresented groups including people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
For full details please go to our website www.mei.org.uk/vacancies
By email to [email protected]. Include a completed application form which you can download from our website: mei.org.uk/vacancies. Please include your CV and a covering letter detailing your reasons for applying.
Vacancy Type: £33,762/yr – £46,818/yr · Full-time
Job Location: Trowbridge, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org