Website Fast Pace Health
This Job listing is about Fast Pace Health in Knoxville, TN 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
Fast Pace Health strives to provide a best in class patient experience in every interaction. We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Medical Receptionist to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be deeply committed to nurturing our Fast Pace mission of teamwork, communication, empowerment and quality care in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Fast Pace Health aims to push for a new vision of healthcare in rural communities that will consist of an array of different services. We are changing the delivery of healthcare in these rural areas by integrating excellent patient care, education, accessibility, and community service, in a way that puts the patient’s needs first and improves the health status of our communities.
Fast Pace Health is a growing company! You will have the support and mentoring you need to become the best Medical Receptionist you can be! We will help you grow your clinical competencies, and can offer you a rewarding career path. We work as a dynamic team to surpass our business goals by ensuring our patients receive the best care possible in a positive environment.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as holiday pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision and Work-Life balance, to name a few.
- As a Fast Pace Health employee you will have the opportunity to participate in community events and outreach programs. This includes, but is not limited to, seasonal parades, book drives, festivals, trunk or treating, fun runs, and more. We dress up for holidays and celebrate with pot lucks. At Fast Pace, our community is our family, and we are a family first community.
Below, we have provided a high level view of what the role entails, with the complete job description discussed in detail during our interviewing process.
- Maintain behavior that is compliant with Federal and State regulations, guidelines, and requirements including working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA.
- Greet, register, instruct, discharge and provide general assistance to patients.
- Obtain and record demographic, insurance and financial information.
- Verify insurance eligibility and relay relevant information on payment policies and billing/collection processes.
- Collect co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and past due balances.
- Retrieve and fax/mail medical records to primary care providers and insurance carriers per patient request.
- Answer telephone, take messages and return voicemails.
- Provide clerical support as required.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company, of teamwork, communication, empowerment, quality of care, and friendliness.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Medical office experience and a familiarity with basic medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with the public in a high-pressure environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Must have an outgoing and compassionate attitude.
High School Diploma or Its Equivalent
Fast Pace Health is committed to the principle of equal employment and creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct.
Please refer to the links below for information regarding your rights under certain federal laws
Mississippi Residents Only
In Mississippi, Fast Pace requires pre-employment/drug/alcohol testing as a condition of employment. The law requires that Fast Pace notify applicants, in writing, upon application and prior to the collection of the specimen for drug and alcohol test, that they may be tested for “the presence of drugs [or alcohol] in their metabolites.” Miss. Code. Ann.