This Job listing is about VIPcare in Melbourne, FL 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
Our purpose is Better Health. Specializing in primary care for patients 65+ is our passion.
What’s Your Why?
- Are you looking for a career opportunity that will help you grow personally and professionally?
- Do you have a passion for helping others achieve Better Health?
- Are you ready to join a growing team that shares your mission?
Why Join Our Team: At VIPcare, we value you. We see you. Team Members at VIPcare are living their why and building their careers with a reliable team that shares their mission of providing 5-star service that always puts patient care and outcomes first. At VIPcare, it’s the little things we do each and every day
that set us apart from other primary care practices. Our patients are family, and we want to keep our family healthy. Be part of a team that is transforming healthcare one patient at a time. We take great care of our team so they can take great care of our patients and achieve: Better Care. Better Outcomes. Better Health.
Join Our Team!
Please review our open positions and apply for the role that sparks your passion and elevates your skills.
- Greet and prepare patients for provider examination by obtaining patient history, chief complaint, current medications, medical history, allergies, surgical history, family history, social history and other preventative medicine reviews, take patients vitals, and records information in the patient electronic medical record
- Assist provider with examination, treatments, and procedures as directed
- Maintain complete and detailed records, electronically in the EMR, of patients’ information
- Measure and records vital signs and records them in the EMR
- Accurately and professionally handle all front-desk operations, including answering phones, greeting patients, scheduling appointments, addressing routine inquiries, and triaging calls
- Maintain patient medical records in accordance with the center’s policy
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or providers’ instructions to patients
- Prepare both patient and room for examination
- Complete patient phone calls including, but not limited to, proactive care coordination, medication reminders, appointment reminders, transitional care management, and complete documentation with telephone encounters accordingly.
- Provide both patient and provider support during procedures by handing instruments or equipment to the physician as directed
- Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment after use and dispose of contaminated supplies
- Perform clinical duties including administration of oral and injectable medications, irrigation of eyes and ears, dresses and bandages wounds and incisions, starts and monitors IV infusion, and assists physicians with any/all procedures as requested
- Perform in-office diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, administration of oxygen as ordered, pulse oximetry, peak flow and inhalation treatments.
- Perform in office CLIA-waived lab tests
- Carry out quality controls related to lab equipment and testing, complete and maintain lab related logs, perform PT/INR utilizing CoaguChek/Coag Sense machine, and perform glucose testing utilizing glucometer
- Accurately complete electronic medical record to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used
- Monitor disposable inventory and places orders for medical supplies and pharmaceuticals as requested
- Draw blood and process specimens for send-out
- Provide patient education as directed by the provider
- Assist front office tasks by performing additional clerical duties, including: patient check-in/out, referrals, prescription medication management, inbound/outbound telephone calls etc.
- Help maintain an adequate inventory of office medications and medical supplies and orders as needed
- Assist in onboarding and training new Team Members
- Assist with inventory and maintaining office supplies
- Additional duties as assigned
Position Requirements/ Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of Accredited Medical Assistant program, preferred (RMA or CMA)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant
- CPR certification, preferred
- IV Start Certification, preferred
- Phlebotomy experience, preferred (knowledge of various collection methods and testing, such as bleeding times, collecting donor blood, bedside testing, and preparing specimans)
- Knowledge of medical coding, preferred
- Knowledge of HIPPA, preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA, preferred
- Working knowledge of common prescription medications that treat conditions and diseases for the the patient population assigned
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with electronic medical records
- Must be able to display excellent telephone and switchboard etiquette
- Proficient with Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for real-time collaboration
- Full range of body motion, including handling and transferring patients, manual and finger dexterity; including eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing, walking, pushing, bending, kneeling, and reaching at arm’s length and overhead in a clinic for prolonged periods of time
- Requires ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move patients and medical equipment as needed
- Requires ability to lift/carry up to 15 lbs
- Key Attributes/ Skills (FOR JOB POSTING ONLY):
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of core values and guiding principles
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Is able to work within our Better Health environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals
- Demonstrated ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable communicating with patients, providers, health plans, and internal/exerternal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be results-oriented with a focus on quality execution and delivery
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity toward target patient populations
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate a computer and telephone
- Have own means of transportation
Powered by JazzHR