Website Mazars in US
This listing is about Mazars in US in Woodbury, NY
About the job
Mazars USA LLP is an independent member firm of Mazars Group, an international audit, tax and advisory organization with operations in over 90 countries. With roots going back to 1921 in the US, the firm has significant national presence in strategic geographies, providing seamless access to 26,000+ professionals around the world. Our industry specialists deliver tailored services to a wide range of clients across sectors, including individuals, high-growth emerging companies, privately-owned businesses and large enterprises.
Mazars works as a single, integrated team, committed to helping our clients and people succeed by respecting who they are and how they work, adapting our approach accordingly. We take pride in what we do and are committed to playing our part in building the economic foundations of a fair and prosperous world.
Our Internal Accounting department seeks a high-performing, experienced accounting professional to join our team. In this position you will be responsible for reporting to Controller and working closely with our other Senior Accountant. This will include performing U.S. GAAP reporting, daily and monthly accounting duties in relation to our Mazars Group reporting requirements, and providing accounting support in other areas as needed.
- Prepare various monthly accounting workpapers for Mazars Group reporting purposes
- Review various monthly accounting workpapers prepared by other Staff Accountants for Mazars Group reporting purposes
- Analyze the monthly information being reported and provide variance analysis
- Maintain detailed monthly reconciliations between GAAP reporting and Mazars Group reporting
- Maintain intercompany reconciliations with our global Mazars office counterparts
- Review accounting documentation and instructions provided by Mazars Group for upcoming reporting periods
- Assist in the preparation of the U.S. firm’s budget for Mazars Group reporting purposes on a trimester basis
- Upload relevant accounting data for Mazars Group reporting on to IBM TM1 (Cognos) system
- Assist with the firm’s annual audit for Mazars Group, which is performed and maintained on an IFRS basis
- Provide ad-hoc reporting analyses to the team when requested
- Communicate with other team members and management concerning accounting related questions and issues that may arise
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting required
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables) and other Microsoft Office suite products
- Working knowledge of IBM TM1 (formerly Cognos) system is a plus
- Working knowledge of IFRS standards is a preference, and in particular IFRS 16
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to meet the deadlines
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, a generous paid days’ off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k Plan
- A dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
- Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also made available
If you are looking for a career where you can truly have a say and an impact, Mazars is the right place for you.
Mazars USA LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Company: Mazars in US
Job Location: Woodbury, NY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org