Website LT Building Corp
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about LT Building Corp in Los Angeles, CA
About the job
LT Building Corp., the General Contractor affiliate of LaTerra Development, LLC, is seeking a full-time Estimator to join our team.
General Job Description:
The Senior Estimator will participate in all aspects of the bid/estimating process, including but not limited to – review of plans and specs, soliciting and negotiating prices with subcontractors/suppliers, quantity take-off, pricing, scoping and budgeting. This role is highly collaborative and will work closely with internal teams as well as external suppliers, owners, architects and engineers.
- Estimating support for projects
- Performs quantity take-offs
- Assists in the pricing and bidding of construction projects
- Communicates with architects and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements, and documents these clarifications
- Conducts reviews of milestone documents for the development and pricing of value alternative opportunities
- Actively participates in the internal estimate review process
- Assists with final assembly of estimate for presentation to owner affiliates
- After receiving bids, collects and organizes all bid information for future reference
- Directs, coordinates and provides information and documents to subcontractors
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts
- Participates in GMP effort and budgeting activities through coordination with subcontractorst
- 7+ years of estimating experience
- Proficient in using On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Building Information Modeling (BIM), Revit and Bluebeam
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Strong math and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- General knowledge of construction principles and processes
- Experience with GMP processes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Excel
- Proficient in using Bidding Tools such as Bid Net and on On Screen Take-off.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Project and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of construction systems/processes, specifications and building codes
- Strong experience with Blue Beam, Red Team, Auto Desk, Textura
- Strong knowledge of trade base and municipal issues
- Understanding of budgeting dynamics
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment to achieve goals and objectives
Market compensation to include salary and yearly bonus potential.
LT Building Corp.
LT Building Corp. is the in-house construction company for LaTerra Development. LaTerra is a market leading, fully integrated real estate development and investment company headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with an expansion strategy focused on select geographic markets beyond Southern California. LaTerra has recently expanded into multi-tenant storage and industrial development.
LT Building Corp. and LaTerra Development are currently developing and constructing mixed use assets, with more than 3,000 multifamily units and over 250,000 of premium commercial space. The estimated value of these projects at completion exceeds $2.5 billion.
This job description is not meant to be a complete outline of the duties to be performed. It reflects management’s outline of essential functions but the position may entail other duties and responsibilities which may change from time to time as requested by management or the employee’s supervisor.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. LT Building Corp.’s and LaTerra’s employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Neither LT Building Corp nor LaTerra discriminates in employment opportunities or practices on the basis, of race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company: LT Building Corp
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org