Website Leica Biosystems
This listing is about Leica Biosystems in Raleigh, NC
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Leica Biosystems’ mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. We’re a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence.
Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you’re helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we’re working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges.
Looking for a role with an impact on saving lives? We encourage you to put your Algorithm Engineering experience and spirit to work at Leica Biosystems in our Digital Pathology business! Here at Leica, we engineer and manufacture Digital pathology scanners, which are a high precision and automated electro-mechanical instrument for high resolution scan of pathological samples. You will champion the design of software Algorithms and the integration with the rest of Imaging Solution Products and Workflow Solutions for digital pathology applications. As part of this role, you will guide the teams to ensure we continue to place high priority on technical integrity as we tackle research and sustaining projects to meet customer and business needs. You will be expected to play an active role to drive Image Acquisition and Image Analysis products through the entire software development process in a regulated environment. The role requires a balance of strong technical leadership and business knowledge such that the associate can act as an effective liaison between the R&D team and Product Management. This is an outstanding opportunity for a creative person to invent new solutions in an exciting field as we expand our product capabilities.
We are open to remote work from any continental U.S based major city with access to an international airport.
- Work closely with other software developers and technical leads to develop a scalable and sustainable platform architecture to support application development within Image Acquisition and Image Analysis portfolio.
- Collaborate with technical and product leaders to create technical roadmap and future vision to accommodate a dynamic and high potential clinical market in Digital Pathology including interface and integration with other internal and external systems.
- Support in introduction of software technologies to improve efficiency and productivity of current processes for development of innovative software solutions.
- Mentor Junior engineers for overcoming challenging technical hurdles throughout development.
- Learn and apply DBS (Danaher Business Systems) tools and processes for problem solving, lean product development, inspection of code & design review and ultimately for driving customer happiness.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or STEM field and 7+ years’ experience in software development with 3+ experience image and signal processing techniques.
- Minimum of 3+ years in C++ and/or scripting experience with python or equivalent languages.
- Experience leading technical projects and track record of mentorship and upskilling team members.
- Experience with Linux / Windows based software development tools and build environments including CMake / Visual Studio.
- Master’s or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering or STEM field and 5+ years’ experience in software development with 3+ experience image and signal processing techniques.
- Experience in medical product development environment (FDA, ISO) with exposure to design control regulations
- Experience with unit tests tools / techniques.
- Experience with agile software development in a scrum environment.
- Familiarity with Verification and Validation methods for medical device development.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Company: Leica Biosystems
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Application Deadline: N/A