Website Dole Sunshine Company
This Job listing is about Dole Sunshine Company in Los Angeles, CA 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led nutrition and wellness organization that “champions a more equitable world.” A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Legal Administrative Assistant will provide executive and administrative support to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, and the Senior Corporate Paralegal.
This role provides flexibility to work in a hybrid environment of home and our Westlake Village, CA office. (Hybrid is defined as at least 3 times per week in the office).
- Input and revise legal documents (principally commercial contracts) and carefully proofread. Redline documents to reflect requested changes. Coordinate with supervisor to keep track of successive drafts of the document (electronic versions) during the negotiation process and obtain signatures.
- Manage communications and coordinate with supervisor to prepare timely and appropriate responses.
- Management and maintenance of contracts and critical date database.
- Perform general administrative duties as required, such as inputting documents, answering telephones, filing, copying documents, preparing expense reports, organizing and confirming travel plans, ordering supplies, coordinating set-up of meetings and conference calls, managing supervisor’s calendar.
- Assist supervisor(s) in reviewing, managing, and processing invoices received from outside counsel and vendors by
- Ensuring legal invoices meet Legal Department Billing guidelines;
- Paying invoices in SAP;
- Monitoring expenditures for outside counsel and vendors relative to Legal Department budget.
- Utilize and, when appropriate, update database information systems (including hCue, Serengeti, and CPI trademark database) for maintaining Legal Department information in corporate archives, legal files, and trademark files.
- Assist with subpoena and discovery response and litigation support.
- Organize and maintain Legal Department files in compliance with corporate procedures pertaining to legal documents and correspondence, such as corporate document retention policies and procedures.
- Open and track new legal matters handled by supervisor and/or others in the Legal Department.
- Interact and maintain communications with other departments within Dole whose input may be required in connection with Legal matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a corporate legal department or law firm supporting attorneys, with substantial experience working for non-litigators.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn software such as hCue, Serengeti and SAP.
- Experience handling confidential information and documents.
- Legal department and/or law firm administrative expertise is preferred.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Passionate about a purpose driven career.
- Superb organizational and work-management skills.
- Positive attitude and adaptability to rapid changes in workflow.
- Flexible and able to work at a fast pace.
- High level of detail orientation.
- Team player who enjoys interacting and working with others.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Understands the importance of discretion and diplomacy.
Education & Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- California Notary preferred; if not, willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
- Minimal travel expected.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
FOR JOBS BASED IN CALIFORNIA
Hiring Pay Scale $26.50 to $35.50/hr.
Dole Packaged Foods is committed to paying our Associates fairly and equitably. The pay rate offered will consider a wide range of factors, including but not limited to experience, education, accomplishments, and location. Pay scales are subject to review on a regular basis and will be updated as appropriate.
|Los Angeles, CA