Website Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Kraken Digital Asset Exchange in Texas, United States
About the job
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About The Role
Kraken is looking for an experienced engineering manager to build and lead various banking working groups. This is an opportunity to grow a team of world class engineers who are deeply passionate about cryptocurrency, security, and amazing user experiences. We’re a diverse group of engineers that are dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence. The Kraken experience needs to be ambitious, simple, and user-centered; come and help us make that happen!
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong people manager; great at giving and receiving feedback, fostering new ideas, and empowering others in a remote environment. You also need a strong software engineering background, to have a thorough understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving intuition on sophisticated technical challenges. You’re able to quickly ship new products and features by giving your teams the freedom and flexibility to develop the best possible solutions.
- You have a strong servant-leadership management style geared towards supporting, mentoring and growing engineers on the team. You care deeply about people, and their success.
- You’re not afraid of hard conversations and are gifted at coaching your colleagues through difficult situations.
- You are strategic and think at a high level, but are also hands-on, execution-oriented, and capable of getting things done quickly.
- You have experience in banking, payments, crypto, trading, or other financial industries, and can talk about the risks and how they impact projects and decision making.
- You have a mastery of core computer science fundamentals and a proven track record of shipping high quality software. This allows you to make great high-level technical decisions, help your team through difficult design decisions, and coach your team to grow their careers.
- You have experience leading teams of engineers across all levels of skill and experience with a track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering leadership and engineering talent and growing effective teams.
- You have an ability to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan.
- You have experience working in different development methodologies, understand the trade-offs, and can iterate to a process that supports you, the team, and the business.
- 10+ years of software development experience, primarily focused on backend development.
- Experience with software architecture, designing APIs and event-driven systems.
- 5+ years leading engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience managing remote teams.
- You are interested in cryptocurrency and actively involved in the space.
- You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
- You keep a close watch on modern technologies and can program in Rust.
- You have experience developing large applications in a microservice architecture, or leading teams developing applications as microservices.
Location Tagging: #EU #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Company: Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Texas, United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org