Website Kin + Carta Europe
Are you looking for a Job at Kin Carta Europe in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join 1,600 curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe. With additional offices in South America, there is a place for you here wherever you’re based.
The Mid level Java Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a Mid level Java Engineer, you’ll be at the heart of any project you work on. You’ll have a specialism in Back-End technologies but use much broader technical experience to help steer your project team. You may bring a unique depth of knowledge in a specific topic, or you may have a breadth of expertise across many aspects of software development.
You will help define how some of the world’s biggest organisations use technology to drive their businesses. You’ll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up.
Although as an Engineering community we take a technology agnostic approach and have backend engineers on projects delivering value across a number of technology stacks, we are currently seeing a high level of demand for specialist Java engineers and as such are focusing on that skill set, however an openness to usings the right tools for the job is needed. There will be opportunities to skill up in new technologies and this is something that the person we are looking for should be excited about.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of 120+ software engineers across Europe who all share your passion for building great products
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meeting
- You’ll build market-leading products, typically within a team of 5-8 other engineers
- You’ll help shape your product’s roadmap by taking part in all aspects of project planning and delivery
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You have demonstrable experience of building and operating backend APIs and microservices
- You have Experience delivering software solutions in Java (1.8 +) with Spring boot and other spring dependencies (e.g. Security, Data, Cloud)
- You also have a solid understanding of common microservice architecture patterns such as, integration patterns, networking, event based architectures, service mesh, as well as source control and testing frameworks
- You have experience utilising the capabilities of at least one cloud service provider (ideally Azure) to build a solution on top of their services.
- You will be open to expanding your knowledge to new technologies, frameworks and languages
- You will be able to take a holistic view of your project as a whole, understanding the challenges faced by teammates within and outside of the Back-End stream and using your experience to offer guidance
- You are excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
- You seek opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You are committed to writing high quality, testable code.
- You enjoy collaborating as an Agile team.
- You are comfortable reviewing other people’s work and suggesting improvements.
- You are eager to contribute to Kin + Carta’s Engineering culture and take advantage of what’s on offer.
Company: Kin + Carta Europe
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com