Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
This listing is about JPMorgan Chase Co in Houston, TX
About the job
As an Application Support Engineer, your dedication to innovation is essential to what keeps our company moving and thriving. In this role, you’ll oversee application production incidents, including troubleshooting, maintaining, identifying, escalating and resolving. Partnering with Infrastructure Service Support team members, you’ll dig into root cause analysis, production changes, budgetary, and staffing issues. You’ll also draw on your experience to manage and mentor people to drive strategic change, both within your team as well as in collaboration with team members across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global network of innovators. Your key role will be to mitigate production incidents as quick as possible to reduce customer bad experience.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in application development and support environment with more than one technology and multiple design techniques
- Advanced knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Proficiency in Splunk, Dynatrace, Unix, Linus, Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Experience in setting up Splunk alerting and monitoring.
- Experience in building monitoring dashboards through Dynatrace and ability to triage application performance through deep diving using Dynatrace.
- Experience in configuring tomcats instances and WebSphere JVMs.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.)
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and understanding of Pivotal cloud foundry.
- Understanding of network topologies, load balancing concepts and content delivery network
- Understanding of HAProxy (context based routing) and Pivotal Gemfire (extended L2 cache)
- Understanding of Web application and mobile application.
- Understanding of relational databases like Oracle/DB2
- Understanding of non-relational databases like Casandra.
- Understanding of IBM MQ and Kafka.
- Understanding of risk controls and compliance to departmental and company-wide standards
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Ability to run production incident conferences bridges.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Full vaccination is a requirement for this role for new hires joining JPMorgan Chase. Additional requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Note: The requirement to be fully vaccinated to be hired for this role does not apply to roles with a work location in Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Montana, and Tennessee. For applicants to these roles, JPMorgan Chase will consider all qualified applicants regardless of vaccination status, due to state and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org