Website Johnson & Johnson
This listing is about Johnson Johnson in Horsham, PA
About the job
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Access Ecosystem Strategy.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Janssen Biotech, Inc., pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson, provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com and www.janssenbiotech.com.
The Senior Director, Access Ecosystem Strategy will be responsible to create, align and drive strategies to address some of the biggest challenges in the Market Access ecosystem. These strategies will be relevant for the Janssen portfolio and ecosystem partners. This leader will work with internal and external partners to further define the friction points, identify potential solutions, gain internal alignment to solution/s and drive implementation of solutions in the marketplace. Additionally, this leader will provide strategic guidance and actionable insights to the Janssen Americas Leadership Team (JALT), Value Access & Pricing partners and Therapeutic Area leaders on how macro changes in the ecosystem will impact our business and how we should evolve to preserve and accelerate our competitiveness. This leader will work closely with a range of internal partners including the leaders of the Health Policy & Advocacy (HPA), Strategic Account Management (SAM), Value Access Pricing (VAP), Strategic Quality, Customer Marketing, Trade and Brand and JALT leaders. Additionally, this leader will work with external partners like Market Access thought leaders, National Payers, consulting partners, and academics. This leader will report to the VP Channel Strategy & Marketing for the Janssen Strategic Customer Group.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Conceptualize, align, create and implement strategies to address ecosystem-wide friction points to protect patient access to Janssen current and future therapeutics and vaccines. For example, these friction points include employer and payer risk management with respect to covering novel cell and gene therapies or disruption to channel economics driven by pipeline changes and the evolving policy environment.
- Synthesize external thought leader perspectives to provide insights on future ecosystem developments; forecast changes to the entire healthcare ecosystem and how that impacts patient access to our therapies and what Janssen should do to preserve patient access as well as our competitiveness. Align perspectives across key Janssen functional areas to synthesize one voice on these forecastsecommendations. Deliver these recommendations to Janssen functions including VAP, Policy, Quality and Brand teams.
- To achieve the above, this leader will:
- Provide a definition around the key market access challenges at the ecosystem level from a current and future portfolio perspective.
- Develop hypotheses for potential strategies to address via engagements with internal and external experts. Refine hypotheses with ongoing engagements with these experts.
- Identify opportunities to engage with the external marketplace to establish proofs of concept in market. This will involve partnering with account facing leaders, legal, compliance and other external partners.
- Make recommendations to Janssen based upon findings from these in market tests.
- To achieve this, this leader will be required to create relationships at the senior levels within Janssen. This will include TA Presidents and VPs; Brand Directors of Marketing, VP and Sr Directors of VAP; Strategic Account Management leadership; Head of Strategic Contracting; VP Value & Evidence; VPs Legal Regulatory and Contracting
- Externally, this leader will engage with thought leaders across the Market Access landscape, key consulting partners, academics, executives at the national PBMs, Employer Groups and/or Employers, policy thought leaders, and industry workgroups in a manner that is consistent with company’s Legal and Compliance policies and considerations.
- Additionally, this leader will need to ensure functioning partnerships within the team across multiple functions including Strategic Account Management, Trade Channel Strategy, Trade Distribution, Policy, Strategic Contracting, VAP, Strategic Contracting
- Drive results on key projects through:
- Assessing emerging market entrants; develop strategies to engage & leverage, execute pilots to assess in market effectiveness in supporting Janssen access goals and principles for patient access and affordability
- Assess current and generate novel market solutions to address financing for advanced therapies and cures
- Other specific initiatives that will be developed from strategy work led by this leader as well as input from executive leadership
- This role reports the VP Channel Strategy & Marketing for the Janssen SCG. While this leader will not have direct reports, they will lead internal cross-functional teams to address specific Workstreams and will engage with senior executive leadership internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Ten years of progressive healthcare experience required. Pharmaceuticals experience required.
- Minimum of five years marketing or strategic consulting experience required; very strong preference for candidates with market access/payer marketing experience and experience within any of the following therapeutic areas is strongly preferred: cardiovascular metabolic, neuroscience, infectious disease, pulmonary hypertension, immunology, oncology .
- Additional cross functional experiences within account management, policy, trade channel strategy are very helpful
- Must demonstrate knowledge and success in navigating through changes in the healthcare marketplace, bringing an understanding of the industry’s customers, their challenges, and possible future healthcare scenarios.
- Must have a track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with external parties to ensure deep understanding of challenges and issues that impact the ability of Janssen to successful preserve patient access for our current and future portfolio.
- A strong communicator that can lead delivery and creation of impactful and tailored communications to educate and mobilize critical stakeholders is required
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and defend logical business arguments, including reaching consensus when required. Ability to create alignment across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated leadership results both with or without direct report authority required. Experience leading and managing in a matrix environment required.
This position requires up to 25% business travel and is based in Titusville, NJ.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton Road
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Job Location: Horsham, PA
Application Deadline: N/A