This listing is about JobsInLogisticscom in Pike Road, AL
About the job
Company: McPherson Oil
The primary responsibility of the Fuel Delivery Agent is to provide our customers with uninterrupted supply of products by delivering products in a safe and timely manner. The Fuel Delivery Agent is also responsible ensuring compliance with DOT regulations.
Primary Responsibilities And Duties
- Work with Dispatch person to assure uninterruptible supply for our customers in a timely and safe manner
- Load and unload diesel fuel and gasoline products in and out of truck, in a manner compliant with company policy and state and federal regulations.
- Drive vehicles to and from designated locations.
- Deliver products by following instructions from warehouse management and the instructions on the delivery ticket.
- Operate vehicle on and off customer sites in a manner compliant with company policy and procedure and compliant with DOT.
- Perform customer deliveries & other related truck movements as required.
- Maintain log book to state and federal regulations.
- Take sample of products, as required by management.
- Daily monitoring of vehicle’s fluid levels as well as tire pressure to insure good safety and preventative maintenance practices.
- Maintain constant contact with dispatcher to receive updated delivery instructions.
- Perform roadside assistance as needed, such as changing tires.
- Use safety equipment such as fire extinguisher and spill kit, as necessary.
- Prepare, complete and submit, in a timely manner, the paperwork required by MOP.
- Engage in proper loading, unloading and flushing procedures.
- Deliver the product in a courteous, professional manner.
- Flush and clean tanker after deliveries as required by company policy.
- Communicate with all Operations Personnel, Dispatchers, Fleet Maintenance Manager and assist them as required.
- Maintain and operate vehicle in compliance with DOT requirements and maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
- Help maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Responsible for the completion of special projects or the assignment of other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Class A license with Tanker and Haz Mat endorsements.
- Minimum of 3 years fuel hauling experience preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Knowledge of general area in which product will be delivered.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public and to understand traffic signs, to make entries on reports and records.
- Possession of a current Medical Examiner’s certificate.
- Knowledge of procedures to secure cargo in or on a commercial vehicle.
- Ability to successfully complete forklift certification test.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while performing multiple duties/tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude during all internal and external customer interactions.
- Effectively represents the company and responsive to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to complete position responsibilities within the timeframe allotted.
- Self-driven and motivated individual.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of technology with a handheld device.
- Ability to work with a sense of efficiently.
- Produces a caliber of work consistent with departmental operating standards.
- Ability to follow company safety and quality procedures and guidelines consistently.
The work of this position is performed in both inside and outside environments in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. The position requires the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs. Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing is required. In this position, associates may be exposed to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, and extreme weather conditions. Proper PPE is provided for employees working in these conditions.
The job description of the Fuel Delivery Agent is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.
The McPherson Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Job Location: Pike Road, AL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org