Website Jobs via eFinancialCareers
Are you looking for a Job at Jobs via eFinancialCareers in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm’s compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We’re looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm’s operations and control processes.
What We Do
As the third line of defense, Internal Audit’s mission is to independently assess the firm’s internal control structure, including the firm’s governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks , raise awareness of control risk and monitor the implementation of management’s control measures. In doing so, internal Audit:
- Communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm’s governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk
- Raise awareness of control risk
- Assesses the firm’s control culture and conduct risks; and
- Monitors management’s implementation of control measures
Goldman Sachs Internal Audit comprises individuals from diverse backgrounds including chartered accountants, developers, risk management professionals, cybersecurity professionals, and data scientists. We are organized into global teams comprising business and technology auditors to cover all the firm’s businesses and functions, including securities, investment banking, consumer and investment management, risk management, finance, cyber-security and technology risk, and engineering.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Internal Auditors demonstrate strong risk and control mindsets, analytical, exercise professional skepticism and are able to challenge and discuss effectively with management on risks and control measures. We look for individuals who enjoy learning about audit, businesses and functions, have innovative and creative mindsets to adopt analytical techniques to enhance audit techniques, building relationships and are able to evolve and thrive in teamwork and in a fast-paced global environment.
Asset Management Technology Audit
Asset Management covers the firm’s Public and Private Asset Management businesses.
As a Technology Auditor, you will be involved to provide assurance on the data integrity and quality, applications stability and system operations etc. used for the purposes of portfolio construction and management, deal workflows, investment research flows, reporting for internal and regulatory purposes, along with other general technology controls.
As part of the third line of defense, you will be involved in independently assessing the firm’s overall control environment, and communicating the results to the firm’s local and global management the effectiveness of the firm’s controls that mitigate current and emerging risks, and monitoring the management’s implementation of control measures. In doing so, you are supporting the provision of independent, objective and timely assurance around the firm’s internal control structure, and supporting the Audit Committee, the Board of Directors and Risk Committee in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities.
For each assigned review you will report to an experienced project manager. You will be expected to:
- Assist/Lead the risk assessment, scoping and planning of a review
- Assist/Lead in executing the review. Specifically focusing on the following:
- Analyze the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls and its impact on the business
- Analyze the business and technology processes to evaluate the design and effectiveness of the relevant technology controls by designing and executing tests to validate identified system control features, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes
- Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository as per the departmental guidelines
- Assist/Lead in vetting audit observations
- Assist/Lead in tracking, monitoring and recording remediation of risks identified in reviews
- BE/B Tech/MCA/MBA in Systems/MSc or equivalent University degrees in technology
- 4-8 years of experience as a technology auditor covering IT application and general controls, application development, SQA, information security, technology consulting or other relevant industry experience
- Understanding of software development and system architecture
- High level understanding of databases, operating systems and messaging
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
- Ability to work effectively across a large audit team, understanding the team’s role in the overall strategy of the firm
- Financial Services knowledge and financial product knowledge is preferred
- Ability to review / develop code (Java, C#, C++, Python, VBA macros etc.)
- Experience with Data Analytics tools and techniques
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CISA, CISSP etc.)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2022. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Company: Jobs via eFinancialCareers
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org