This listing is about JLL in Hazelwood, MO
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Data Center Technician – Level 1
This position requires onsite work, rotating 3rd shift with every other weekend off.
What this job involves –
The Data Center & Engineering teams are responsible for Data Center operations. The client’s data centers house mission critical systems that support the client’s businesses. These facilities operate 24/7 and risks must be managed to allow for continual operational up-time.
- Assisting level II Technician during the Incident Resolution, Change Requests and IMAC activities.
- Assist in Installation of racks and associated power cabling in designated location in Data Center.
- Install Hardware devices (network switches and server equipment etc ) into racks
- Secure and properly install PDU into racks.
- Run CAT X cables and or Fiber cables from originating locations to terminating locations including patch panels, testing, removal and well-dressed structured cabling.
- Prepare or update cabling diagrams
- Prepare or update hardware architecture/infrastructure diagrams
- Dress and tag cables per cable management compliance.
- Assist Level II Technician in trouble shooting by previously completed basic trouble shooting.
- Prepare detail technical problem description, possible causes report for level II Technician.
- Create or update Service Requests/Work Orders and all other tickets in ticketing systems
- Mirror and learn work performed by Level II technician during the complex situations.
- Provide extended hands and feet support to level II and Level III support during the Triage or as needed.
- Conduct basic trouble shooting and all possible options to resolve the technical issues.
- Perform all basic Smart-Hand and Remote Hand and IMAC functions
- Support Warehouse managers and team with logging new hardware, updating Asset management systems.
- Support Warehouse Asset Coordinator with storing, tracking, finding new or existing assets and properly tagging, shelving, and storing the inventories in warehouse. Log all assigned Assets.
- Quickly determine if issues require communication up to Level II technician for SME support.
Sound like you? To apply you need to have: –
- 5 years Data Center Level I Technician experience.
- 1-3 years hands-on experience in Data Center IT Operation Support.
- Proven experience with DC IT Technical Remote Hand, Smart Hand and IMAC assignments.
- Basic knowledge of DC IT Technical trouble shooting
- Repeated hands-on experience with installation, changing and moving of the DC IT hardware such as network switches, platform (HP, IBM, Dell Servers), EMC backup and storage hardware as well as DC IT Security systems
- Strong hands-on experience with installation, relocation, removal of verities of CAT cablings, fiber cablings, patch panel installation in overhead and under floor formation.
- Experience working in DC IT asset warehouse and asst tagging and system of records
- Extensive experience with ServiceNow and ticket management system (Incident, change, problem, Asset mgmt.) reporting development
- Hands-on experience creating, updating and maintaining DC IT cabling diagrams and DC Physical Hardware architecture layout
- Technical certifications will be highly desirable such as DC IT Certified Technician, MCA, Basic Network engineering, Basic server installation and trouble shooting
- Collage Degree preferred or enrolled
- Certified ITIL Foundation or proof of completion of ITIL training
- Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shifts when requested
- Willingness to travel locally to various DC sites when requested.
- Strong understanding of Data Center Power schemes and Facility Power System Management.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate teamwork and positive behavior with natural ability to manage and complete multiple tasks in a frequently changing environment.
- Knowledge of DC IT safety and security.
What You Can Expect From Us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [email protected]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Job Location: Hazelwood, MO
Application Deadline: N/A