This listing is about Jacobs in Boise, ID
About the job
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a local Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Program Engineer, you will be responsible for the continued development of the Risk-Based Process Safety (RBPS) system developed by the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) at a large semiconductor facility. A successfully built and implemented RBPS system will strengthen the prevention of, preparedness for, mitigation of, response to, and restoration from catastrophic releases of chemicals or energy. This position is attentive to support managing all the elements of the Process Safety Management system.
- Support the development, follow up and maintenance of metrics and Dashboard for the different RBPS elements and others, including Hazop action item, Incident investigation, Overseeing of changes, near misses, project resourcing, etc.
- Support standardization of documents and presentation formats.
- Identify and implement potential improvements to the currently established documentation process.
- Support the development, upgrades, and maintenance of new Share Point Online systems.
- Support PHA team members to develop Process Safety training material.
- Work with project teams as a technical resource for project administration.
- Stay current with area-specific business practices.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Ability to move projects effectively through project lifecycle – propose, initiate, plan, implement, and Post Implementation Review (PIR) – while balancing time, cost, quality, scope, and risk/opportunity constraints.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional organizations to choose needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Ability to be guided by business goals and choose best methods for delivering results.
- Demonstrated proficiency in autonomously completing complex tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience using advanced written and oral communication skills to mitigate risk to the business and resolve sensitive or difficult issues.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Deep analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven facilitation skills including the ability to guide others.
- Fluent computer skills including but not limited to Workfront, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, SharePoint Online (SPO), and data analysis tools.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Commitment to employee health and safety, coupled with a high level of integrity to do what is right.
- Demonstrated experience applying extensive knowledge of Project and Program Management, in order to deliver program results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a program manager
Ideally, you’ll have
- Preferred, Manufacturing plant knowledge
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Job Reference ID ELE0000TS
Job Location: Boise, ID
Application Deadline: N/A